• Entries
  • Comments
  • Views

Ontano | Autumn Reigns

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
ThomasSimpson

SouthOntano-U08-01.png

Good evening and welcome to Ontano Island once more. Unfortunately, you seem to have arrived on another wet day. You would’ve been better off going to sunny old England, which is warmer than anywhere in Cattala this weekend.

SouthOntano-U08-02.png

Early autumn has been cold and wet in Cattala this year, with little respite for farmers to take their crops to market. Roads across Ontano have been damaged by the heavy rainfall in recent weeks.

SouthOntano-U08-03.png

The local streams and irrigation ditches have also struggled to cope with the amount of rain falling. Some areas in the valleys in central Ontano have seen over 25mm of rain falling every day for a week. The provincial government has had to call in environmental engineers to help prevent flooding.

SouthOntano-U08-04.png

However bad the weather, local residents are still venturing out. The village restaurant in Desulo has recently opened a second pub further down the road, due to a rise in customers from nearby towns and hamlets.

SouthOntano-U08-05.png

“Summer ends when the fields of Ontano are empty” is a famous saying in Cattala, which has led to October becoming known as the “Silent Field” month. All the bushes and fields you see here have had their crops harvested for this year – now the many farmhands have left and the orchards are bare again.

SouthOntano-U08-06.png

To end this 66th update, our sixth image is an overview of part of South Ontano at night. Good night from the farming island.

SouthOntano-U08-07.png

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

6 Comments

Escilnavia: Thank you very much - and the farms are by Mickebear and some are part of the SPAM series.

111222333444: Thanks!

Schulmanator: Thank you, and yes - it was quite wet that day. I have been working on my rain skills lately so any future updates should be better. ;)

ee99: Thanks! So do I. :)

Huston: Thank you very much, it's good to hear that I'm improving.

Share this comment