• Views

Fuji Fields - Commercialization of the Farmlands

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
blunder

3. Fuji Fields - Commercialization of the Farmlands

Replies:

@Zulu2065: Thanks!

@NMUSpidey: Thank you, sir. I hope I don't disappoint.

@ggamus: Thank you. The really scary thing about the crater lake explosion is that you can almost fit the footprint of mt. st. helens inside crater lake. That must have been an insane eruption...

@111222333444: Hehe that's a pretty small field and i don't have the time or money to get a geology degree.

@Huston: Thanks but most of the terraforming was work already done by the NHP team; I suggest checking out their awesome maps.

-------------

Area: Bluewater River

Tile: Fuji Fields

Welcome to the first tile of the Ring of Fire! We start along the shores of the Bluewater River (I'm just full of original names today) on the eastern edge of the map and on the northeast slopes of Mt. Fuji. Fuji Fields is a city that has grown up to serve the needs of the area's farming population. Although in this update we won't be looking at the town itself much.

1. The town proper, between the Pacific Highway and the Bluewater River.

01%20town%20overview.jpg?psid=1

2. Here the Bluewater River (BWR from now on) is still a large river and very expensive to bridge, so the pre-existing ferry's are still in operation. Since the town serves as the start of the back entrances to both crater lake and Mt. Fuji, there has always been demand for a river crossing.

This is also the first opportunity I've had to work with doc's docks:

02%20docs%20docks1.jpg?psid=1

3. And the ferry dock on the north shore of the BWR:

03%20docs%20docks2.jpg?psid=1&ck=0&ex=720

4. Over the years larger commercial farming companies have bought up the farmland on the south shore of the BWR and replaced the original family farms with ugly generic rectangular lot farms.

04%20commercial%20fields%201.jpg?psid=1

5. More farmland out towards the river:

05%20commercial%20fields%202.jpg?psid=1

6. However on the other side of the BWR many of the older family farms are still in operation.

06%20old%20family%20farms%201.jpg?psid=1

7. They get by via serving the local community, while the larger commercial farms export to other Pacific nations.

07%20old%20family%20farms%202.jpg?psid=1

8. Getting back to the town, most of the residences are built off of the floodplain up against the base of Mt. Fuji. The BWR rail line runs right through the residential area.

08%20housing%201.jpg?psid=1

9. The freight depots where the farm goods are loaded up to be hauled down to the seaports.

09%20rail%20freight.jpg?psid=1

10. As the rail line continues east, the grade has blocked some of the drainage from the mountain, forming Skuzzy Slough and Slimy Swamp. The swamp here is pictured on the top.

10%20marshlands.jpg?psid=1

11. Slimy Swamp, a little closer.

15%20swamp%20closeup.jpg?psid=1&ck=0&ex=720

12. West of the road is Skuzzy Slough.

11%20scuzzy%20slough.jpg?psid=1

13. Some of the conglomerate farms use the slough for cheap irrigation.

12%20irrigation.jpg?psid=1

14. Homes above Skuzzy Slough. Watch out for West Nile carrying mosquitoes.

13%20homes%20over%20SS1.jpg?psid=1

15. And finally for today a pic of farms on the river, looking from north to south.

16%20over%20river.jpg?psid=1&ck=0&ex=720

So yeah the RCI side of things is a little blah but as it's the first tile in the region, its mostly just a demand generator.

That's it for today; don't forget to comment and +1 if you enjoyed it. More from Fuji Fields next time. Peace.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

1 Comment

Yes, the Crater Lake eruption was about 100 times larger than the Mt. St. Helens eruption. Literally, 100 times larger. The Smithsonian Institution recently created a scale called the Volcanic Explosivity Index to figure out how large a volcanic eruption is. Numbers 0 through 8 were given to each eruption, with 0 being the tiniest eruptions that are barely explosive, and 8 being the cataclysmic explosions that can make humanity extinct and create ice ages. Mt. St. Helens was a number 5, the Vesuvius eruption that destroyed Pompeii was a 6, and Crater Lake was a 7.

Share this comment