• Moose

Sandalwood County

• Entries
  • Comments
  • Views

New Prospects

_marsh_

Small update today. Just to set the scene for how Sandalwood shall grow. :) When I made this update I didn't quite think it was up to par, but oh well.

bennerq.jpg

Much growth has occurred in the cities and regions North and South of Sandalwood country. After much decision and years of planning the new I-16, going up the coast in a completely different route, is set to connect the two regions via the coastal, and vastly unsettled county of Sandalwood. What this highway will do to the region, and especially the small settlement of Sandalwood (named after the county.)

3-1

img2rm.jpg

There is currently 1 planned interchange in the entire county. It crosses the old I-16 (now re-named to the "Sandalwood Coastal Highway") which leads into town and to the old ferry crossing of the Francisca Bay.

3-2

img1ca.jpg

Some more hilly areas in the region (which there are a lot of) have been decided to just be dug and blasted through. As going around them would just be more expensive.

3-3

img5jd.jpg

After a while the intersection was completed. It will be a while before the entire length of it is finished though. It is a few miles outside of Sandalwood, and already the small town is getting some activity. Many of the workers on the highway are staying there in the local motel, and eating breakfast lunch and dinner there. The town has never seen so many people at one time.

3-4

img4x.jpg

3-5

img6j.jpg

ARAL, seeing this as a business opportunity, has already set up a gas station on the intersection right off the highway. Their first station within the Sandalwood county.

3-6

img0152zw.jpg

What becomes of the Francisca inlet? Well a 4-lane highway can't really depend on a ferry. It would be too much hassle. So the Francisca Bay Bridge Is being constructed. The harsh storms in the area, however, are slowing work momentarily.

2 people like this

8 Comments

Fantastic! It must have taken you forever to place all those rocks and tress in such a nice way. Looks almost like a photo of a real place!

Share this comment

I really don't know how you do it marsh, you make such a simple picture such a work of art.... :O

Awesome work as always :)

Share this comment

Wow, great work. I saw "New Prospects" and knew it was something groundbreaking. :)

Share this comment

lobsterav, keder, hahei, mamaluigi, K50 & DC metro: Thank you all :D

escilnavia: Could you be more specific? The tree controller I am using is CP's Missouri breaks. But I've been adding in a lot of flora using a ton of mmp's.

Share this comment

This City Journal entry is now closed to further comments.