• Moose
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
  • Entries
  • Comments
  • Views

Update Three: Marseille

Eʟᴇᴍᴇɴᴛ

Thanks again everyone for the kind replies! And if you didn't reply but you still enjoyed the update anyway this smiley is for you: 43.gif

monleup3.png

News

Welcome Back! So this update actually took quite a while because I had a lot of things on. I finally made some progress on my region, took some screenshots and had some free time this Saturday, so I was finally able to make an update. Anyway, apologies in advance for the lengthy time it took for this, I promise that if I'm busy I'll at least come up with a mini-update in the future.

Just before we move on to Montpellier,

here is something I did in my spare time. Turns out the neon "Toys R' Us" is missing dependencies. 18.gif

Update 3

Well quite a bit of Montpellier has been updated. First, I have started working on the farm to mountain transition near Montagnac. However, there is still much to do in terms of a fluid transition from mountains to farms. I also worked on border transitioning quite a bit, however, there is still alot of room for improvement.

Second, a new city has arrived in Montpellier! The municipality of Marseille! This city is actually quite an old one which has kept much of its history and historical architecture up to date creating a fluid modern - historical city.

Third, a new farm village "Blanche" has arrived in Montpellier, however, it is still quite bare (not to mention boring 30.gif) which is why its not showcased in this update. Future update perhaps? we'll see. 2.gif

Lastly, I have fired our national weather service members. 11.gif17.gif (see 111222333444's reply...)

Okay, enough rambling. On to the pictures!

3.1 "The River" - Welcome to Marseille! We will first start with a tour of the rural surrounding area.

82382840.png

3.2 - "Rural Suburbs" - Because of the limited amount of space and required farm production. Marseille's suburbs are very compact with the surrounding farm area with some houses bordering the farm area.

u31.png

3.3 "Industry in Marseille" - The industry in Marseille takes care of hydro, power and garbage disposal for local citizens. As you can see in the far right corner, Marseille burns garbage for energy. Not to worry however, as the city filters the air as required by the "Montpellier Environment Act".

u32o.png

3.4 "Entering the Suburbs" - Here is a typical suburban neighbourhood in Marseille. Both close to down town and close to Marseille's rural areas.

u33.png

3.5 "A closer look in Suburban Marseille" - Marseille spends quite a bit of money on recreational programs for its citizens. Because of this Marseille is the healthiest city in Montpellier.

u34.png

3.6 "Football" - Montpellier's most popular sport! These fields are everywhere!

u35.png

3.7 "Downtown Marseille" - Marseille is a historical city in Montpellier with a lot of interesting sites. Its fairly quiet today because its Sunday morning.

u36.png

3.8 "Narrow Streets" - Some parts of Marseille are quite narrow. Typical European styling of a city layout.

1.gif

u37.png

3.9 "Le Grand Café" - This café is famous for its

delicious pastries. Its a definite stop for a tourist visiting Marseille.

u38k.png

3.10 "The Boulevard" - Rue Bayard is a nice street with a lot of cafés and local restaurants.

5.gif

u39.png

3.11 "City train Station" - This area forms the city train station which connects Marseille to areas all over the Montpellier region.

u310.png

3.12 "North Bayard" - The northern area of Rue Bayard features a metro connection and a small Liberal Arts College which is one of the most prestigous in the region.u311.png

3.13 "Marseille Library" - This is the main city library which actually grows its own coffee beans in the roof greenhouse for the café downstairs. 10.gif

u312.png

3.14 "L'ecole elementary" - An elementary school in the downtown area. Students can take the metro before and after school hours to anywhere in the city.

u313.png

3.15 "Parc de Marseille" - Marseille's central park with its famous and iconic fountain in the middle.

u314.png

3.16 "Marseille" - Our final picture, which consists of the entire view of the region. 9.gif

u315.png

Well, thats everything for this update! More comming soon. Stay tuned next week when I fire more civil workers! 3.gif

Cheers! 9.gif

-Element. 40.gif

Hellken, Jack³ and Vlasky like this

5 Comments

Must admit I was a lurker on your last update, and didn't leave a comment... But I'm glad you are back cause I've been waiting for an update on this Cj. And I must say you show very good work here :yes:
Hellken likes this

Share this comment