• Moose
  • Entries
  • Comments
  • Views

North Coolidge: "The University District"

panthersimcity4

As you probably know, San Lorenzo is the largest city in the state of New Loreto.

universityg10.jpg

East of the central part of the city, which is located on a peninsula, is the area of Labordale & North Coolidge. Labordale was originally an industrial area until most of the industrial companies moved elsewhere (mostly to the areas near the seaport and south of North Coolidge. Nowadays, Labordale is mostly commercial and also has some new condominium complexes. The two most prominent structures here are the indoor skating arena, the largest in the state, and the nearby Brimstone Megachurch, a church known for its passionate preachers and spending of money on donations to local socially conservative politicians.

42779158.jpg

And right near the Labordale area is the historic San Lorenzo State University. It was founded in the 1890s and continues to be a very important center of learning. It is located on University Hill, which is one of a few hills in the central area of San Lorenzo. Although there are a couple other major universities, this campus is the largest and offers the widest range of degrees.

universityf4.jpg

In addition to the classroom buildings on the main campus, there are some off-campus buildings (built off-campus due to space restrictions on the university hill)... these buildings were mostly built after the original campus, with the Medical school being the most recent.

university5g.jpg

Nearby the university is the area of North Coolidge, commonly referred to as the University District. Although there are dramatic changes due to an increase in population, the area can still use some rejuvination. Regardless, it is very popular with university students with many businesses that cater to young adults. (I.E. Fast food and pencils :P )

universityf9.jpg

Thanks for reading. This update was sponsored by...

kkod.jpg

2 Comments

Gracias TenkindusT, I'm totally the opposite. I go to a small university and I like it better than bigger campuses. :P I'm not a very sociable person.

Share this comment