• Entries
  • Comments
  • Views

Update 35 - 9/25/11 - South Martin - Martin Hohler R.R. and Haydn Avenue

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
packersfan

Update 35 - South Martin - Martin Hohler R.R. and Haydn Avenue

Here is some more of South Martin. I didn't really do much more developing of the Martin Metro area, but I've been playing around a little bit with RHW and building up some other small towns a few miles out. I've also been doing a lot of looking at old maps of developing Milwaukee and noting the road system before freeways, all in anticipation of introducing expressways in some capacity to the region! So for now, more views of South Martin right along its border with Martin at Hohler Avenue and the Martin - Hohler Railroad.

01092511.jpg

02092511.jpg

03092511.jpg

04092511.jpg

05092511.jpg

06092511.jpg

07092511.jpg

08092511.jpg

09092511.jpg

10092511.jpg

Check out the District of Wenzel Street Map to get an idea where we are.

I'm really trying to get a better idea how to incorporate railroads more realistically into my city in a historical manner with old style factories like Milwaukee and Chicago. Looking back at the way Milwaukee was back before expressways is amazing, since I've only known the city in relation to the expressways and not as a single unit with railroads and rivers the only things crossing the grid street system. I hope to be able to capture more of that as I go forward in my city building.

Thanks for visiting!

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

5 Comments

Yes, airport pieces, haha. And yes the elevated rail is floating...I'm having some difficulty getting the pylons back after the NAM update and using the facelift mod. Any help would be amazing in that department.

Share this comment

I've never really gotten into any other kind of houses than Maxis...I do, however, use an URBAN HOUSING MOD which shifts the houses to the front of the lot, puts in a driveway and a garage. If I ever see a set of great looking houses, I will be sure to use them as replacements, but I haven't found anything resembling urban single/dual family housing.

Share this comment