• Entries
  • Comments
  • Views

The Churches of Dillenburg

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Gath22

The Churches of Dillenburg

Dillenburg has a thousand-year-old Christian tradition. Christianity in Dillenburg has been subject of change throughout the years, as the world around it changed as well. Protestantism also has a significant role in the city's Christian community, although Catholics are still in the majority. As a result of this, the city is scattered with many churches of all kind, and I want to show you them.

'Alte Kirche' (the Old Church)

dillenburg1001.png

As the name suggests, this is the oldest Church in the city. It was consecrated in 1306 and has survived many wars and revolutions but still stands proud on the Sträberschplatz, looking better than ever after extensive renovations in the '80's .

'St. Eligiliuskirche' (St. Eligiliuschurch)

dillenburg1002.png

A beautiful white Church, across the street from the parliament building.

'St. Blaesilla Kapelle' (Chapel of St. Blaesilla)

dillenburg1003.png

This beautiful Chapel located in between the Stadtpark and the Neue Oper is mostly used for weddings.

'Prinzerskirche' (Prince's Church)

dillenburg1004.png

This Neo-romanesque Church was built in 1890 to commemorate the Grand-Prince's 25th year of reign.

'Walsdorfskirche'

dillenburg1005.png

The church of this village, that was later swallowed by the Dillenburger suburban sprawl, is the biggest attraction in this otherwise rather dull village, because of it's beautiful stained-glass windows.

'Ökumenische Kirche von Sellershausen' (Ecumenical Church of Sellershausen)

dillenburg1006.png

One of the few Ecumenical Churches in Dillenburg, this one was built in 1982 in the suburb of Sellershausen and accomodates approximately 500 worshipers.

~

Thanks to anyone who viewed & commented, I encourage all constructive criticism!

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

8 Comments

Complete agreement with MamaLuigi945. This CJ shouldn't receive any constructive criticism because it's downright excellent. I give a trillion out of 5, but unfortunately 5/5 is the maximum here, so, 5/5. :D

Share this comment

Just perfect. 5/5. P.S Where did you get the houses in the first and second pictures?

Share this comment

Many thanks! I know that I'm creating something nice, and the comments make me happy and encourage me, but there's always something to improve, so be my guest!

The houses.. well there are many houses.. the houses in the first pic I found somewhere on SC4 Devotion, search for 'Swiss' and you might find it. Sorry that I can't be more specific but I got like a thousand plugin's.

Share this comment