• Entries
  • Comments
  • Views

The New San Lorenzo

panthersimcity4

I've decided to redesign a bit of San Lorenzo. There was just too much of different stuff that made me feel like the city didn't have a definitive style to it. My mission was to make the city feel like an authentic West coast American port city like Seattle and San Francisco. (Both just happen to be my favorite cities in the U.S. :P )

Anyway, I'll let the pictures speak for themselves!

sanlawrenzof3.jpg

sanlorenzod8.jpg

sanlorenzzzoh.jpg

sanlorenzo4f.jpg

sanlorenzo6h.jpg

sanlooortengzo5.jpg

sanlawrenz1.jpg

That's all for now. :thumb:

9 Comments

Recommended Comments

As a Seattle resident, I think you have done a fantastic job re-creating that authentic feel of coastal cities -- a little older, definitely had grown a lot in the 80s; either way, fantastic work my friend.

Share this comment

Beautiful mosaics, I love the changes. I wonder if you could bring back the Banespa Building though. It had an iconic look on the skyline. Only if you want but it was nice. I love the changes though. Those CP houses lined up on a hilly street make me want to make my downtown have small dips and hills, so I will make some dips in Charlotte-Vancouver. I love it so much. :thumb:

Share this comment

jakeroot: Thanks! I'm a native Seattlite, although now I live elsewhere in Washington state.
SkyGuy: Thanks! I always try to make the city transitions look good.
10000000000000: Yes, that's what I had in mind. I like the blue-ish hazey color that you often see in aerial pictures of cities, so I wanted to recreate that.
Zulu2065: Yeah, I'm thinking about putting that tower back in. I'm definitely a fan of iconic skyscrapers.
keder: Thanks!!
Schulamantor: Thanks! Quack. :ducky:
bluemoose: Gracias, It's pretty hard to try and recreate a similar style to San Francisco since there is a lack in San-Fran style victorian apartment blocks and 'painted ladies'... but Simgoober's colorful brownstones sure do look similar.
TekindusT: Thanks! I wanted to make the city more griddy like other West coast cities, but I didn't want to demolish everything. :P Plus a little curvy-ness in the roads makes things interesting.

Share this comment