• Entries
  • Comments
  • Views

Update 34 - 9/17/11 - South Martin - McHenry Park and Lafayette School

Sign in to follow this  
packersfan

Update 34 - South Martin - McHenry Park and Lafayette School

Today we travel to an interesting section of the District, the city of South Martin. Originally just a town at the crossroads of D34, D230, and D140, South Martin has expanded and now encompasses the area south of Hohler Ave and north of the Penelope River. A western boundary has yet to be determined and the city of Martin is racing to annex land so as not to be cut off from the Penelope River by South Martin and Hawthorne.

This update has pictures from the expanded area of South Martin, the next update will have a picture of the original town area. The pictures here are from the area between Hawthorne Avenue, Fort Orangeport Drive, South 16th Street, and S 8th Street, with McHenry Boulevard slicing through.

01091711.jpg

The scene has certainly changed (along with the orientation of lots) since farmland reigned. Here we see farmland just prior to development with WTAM Line 1 (Red) running along D34.

02091711.jpg

McHenry Park and Boulevard

03091711.jpg

04091711.jpg

South Martin Public Library and Lafayette Elementary School

05091711.jpg

06091711.jpg

07091711.jpg

08091711.jpg

That was a shorter update than usual, but I wanted to get it up and keep the area focused. As you can maybe see, I'm having a little difficulty with the supports for the el-rail. I updated NAM, RHW, and NWM before taking the pictures and the supports disappeared, though the NAM readme warned of this and that rebuilding the line should fix it, but even after rebuilding the line and reinstalling the El-Rail Facelift Mod many of the poles are still missing. Any help is greatly appreciated.

I also finally created some custom lots of Milwaukee apartments which while appearing residential are really commercial, so I can plop them where I want and they won't dilapidate.

Oh, and how do you like the new masthead for the lead picture? I made it a more transparent and added a second color, which I may change depending on the focus of an update or just random colors for fun.

Check out the District of Wenzel Street Map to get an idea where we are.

Sign in to follow this  

4 Comments

Recommended Comments

Nice! The area looks very nice and realistic... you did a good job. And the gas station across the school probably does a brisk business in candy bars! :ducky:

Share this comment