• Entries
  • Comments
  • Views

The Sensational Six #20

Sign in to follow this  
NMUSpidey

So, here is my slightly delayed update. The tension mounts!

Ribbies.jpg

Ribbie's, The Six's favorite restaurant, is the lone south-facing building behind the white building (which I think may be a Border's but I can't remember).

Erisa knew something was up for sure. Of course the others had their suspicions, and no one really knew for sure what was being planned. She debated over whether or not she should tell them (she didn't really have hard proof) but decided that a little bit of gossip goes a long way, and texted them all to meet her at Ribbie's for dinner that night. After she changed and readied herself after practice, she drove her orange hatchback to the restaurant where her friends had already arrived, parked near them, and ran inside to meet them.

Dan-O-2.jpgDan-O: *expectantly* So Erisa, what's going on?

Kari-2.jpgKari: *excitedly* You said you found out some juicy gossip? You know that we can't resist any juicy gossip!

Erisa-2.jpgErisa: *gravely* This probably has more to do with Nina and Marv than any of you, but we're all friends here, so you should all hear this...

Marv-2.jpgMarv: *impatiently* Well, go on.

Erisa-2.jpgErisa: Alright, so you guys know that I always walk around the school before practice, right?

Dan-O-2.jpgTaro-2.jpgKari-2.jpgMarv-2.jpgNina-2.jpg *nods*

Erisa-2.jpgErisa: So today I was walking like usual, and when I rounded a corner I saw Tory and that Marley chick having some kind of intense discussion about something. They were talking in those voices you use when you're pissed off and want to scream at the person, but it's public and you don't want eavesdroppers so you use this low voice to-

Nina-2.jpgNina: *harshly* We get the voice thing, get to the point! *blushes in shame at her outburst*

Erisa-2.jpgErisa: *uncharacteristically solemnly* S'okay Nina, I'm sorry. Anyways, Nina, they were talking about you, and that girl Marley has quite the potty mouth. I heard them say your name, something about a date, being impatient, and Marley called Tory a, and I quote, “[expletive] pig bastard.”

Dan-O-2.jpgTaro-2.jpgKari-2.jpgMarv-2.jpgNina-2.jpg *snickers*

(Erisa was not prone to cursing.)

Erisa-2.jpgErisa: Shut up you guys, I'm only reporting what that girl said.

Marv-2.jpgMarv: *thoughtfully* That's hard to believe, she sits next to me in algebra, and she seems so innocent or something to be using those words...

Nina-2.jpgNina: Don't defend her, she's plotting something with Tory.

Marv-2.jpgMarv: *defensively* Well, you let him get awfully buddy-buddy with you!

Erisa-2.jpgErisa: Alright, stop it you two. It's obvious that whatever they're planning isn't good and appears to be already working. You guys kiss and make up. *pauses* I'm waiting.

Marv-2.jpgMarv: I'm sorry, Nina.

Nina-2.jpgNina: I'm sorry too, Marv.

Marv-2.jpg *sigh, look at Erisa*

Erisa-2.jpgErisa: So, I think whatever's gonna happen is gonna go down on Friday night, either at the dance or at his party. You guys gotta be careful, and we should all watch each others' backs.

Taro-2.jpgTaro: Well, if we're gonna be at this party and act natural, we have to have some space and mingle or whatever.

Erisa-2.jpgErisa: Look, I'm not saying we all have to babysit each other, but we should at least know that there will be some trouble.

Dan-O-2.jpgDan-O: How do you know it's this Friday though? Did they say anything about it?

Erisa-2.jpgErisa: *slightly ashamed* Well, no, not exactly...

Dan-O-2.jpgDan-O: So how do you know?

Erisa-2.jpgErisa: Call it women's intuition. *nods decisively* I just have a feeling that there be drama Friday night.

Nina-2.jpgNina: How are you gonna help watch us? Were you invited to the party?

Erisa-2.jpgErisa: No one's gonna be checking invitations, besides I'm friends with the volleyball team. Any of them go, I go too. Even if they're skanks.

Kari-2.jpgKari: *nods* Alright, so we watch each others' backs tomorrow, got it.

They ate their meal and talked about lighter things. Marv got them their discount (which made him their hero for the evening) and they returned home to finish preparing for school the next day.

Friday night's dance was the annual Winter Festival at Mt. Plains HS. The township always decorated the stadium, complete with an ice and snow sculpture competition, game and food stalls, and a lot of people. For the high school students, this was started off with the Winter Festival Dance on Friday night, a semi-formal dance that saw the girls wear dresses (usually shorter, rather than the longer gowns worn at the much more formal prom) and the boys wear nice slacks and dress shirts (some boys wore ties, but many didn't).

The Six had a good time at the dance (seven if you include Dan-O's date, the cute-but-not-beautiful-not-thin-but-not-fat brunette Alexa), dancing with each other, laughing at Dan-O's jokes, and trying to hook Erisa up with random boys around them. Marv even tried hooking her up with a passing girl. They danced together for a brief second, laughed, and continued on their prior ways. Leaving the party, they set out for Tory's house. It was an in-crowd party, which meant a couple of kegs, people with loose morals, loud music, and no parental supervision. The seven were on 1:00am curfews, and that pretty much precluded heavy drinking and serious trouble.

Toryshouse.jpg

Tory's house was on the edge of town, and separated a bit from the neighbors by space and trees at the back of a subdivision. It was set away from the road a bit, which allowed people to park on the grass next to the driveway leading up to the house. His parents took advantage of the party plan by going to the Royale Mountains Beach Town for a romantic weekend. When the seven arrived the party was already going. The house was lit up inside, and they could hear people laughing and dancing to music that carried lightly in the night breeze.

Nina-2.jpgNina: So, are you ready?

Marv-2.jpgMarv: Let's do this.

And the seven walked up to the house...

Sign in to follow this  

5 Comments

Recommended Comments

Good to see the six sticking together! Lets just hope Marv's and Nina's relationship can last through the next episode :D

As long as we are not missing out on any juicy information, then I am very happy with just getting the dialog of the story, plus I think the pictures do the characters justice :thumb:

Share this comment

Schulmanator: Unfortunately not. High school kids these days, no class I tell ya.

Roger51: Heh, nothing juicy left out! Instead you are getting improved versions as I find ways to make dialogue better and continuity a bit tighter!

emperordaniel: See above ;) .

escilnavia: Hehe, stay tuned for more of those two. They will not be disappearing after the final part of the Winterfest storyline *hint hint wink wink*

Thanks to everyone for your comments, and enjoy the finale of Winterfest!

Share this comment