• Entries
  • Comments
  • Views

45 Comments

Recommended Comments

Holy moly! You've mamaged to pull off a rich, modern seaside skyscraper area in a rural community CJ. That certainly deserves a pat on the back! The towering inferno is beautiful, and those night shots...just - WOW! :ohyes:

Share this comment

[quote name='MamaLuigi945' timestamp='1315714539']Holy moly! You've mamaged to pull off a rich, modern seaside skyscraper area in a rural community CJ.[/quote]

Yeah, I knew this would be 'risky' :ohyes: But also challenging in a nice way... I'm glad you agree that it worked out... and also glad to return to my sleepy villages soon :D

Share this comment

I am pretty much new to all of this SimCity 4 stuff.. May I ask if the skycrapers are growable, landmarks or downloaded MODS ? And also, your water is so beautiful, how did you get it like that ? Thanks in advance.. What an awesome CJ this is.

Share this comment

[quote name='iuri99' timestamp='1315699818']
Wow, really amazing skyscrappers in country side is really awkward, but you made it 'eyecandly'.
[/quote]

Reminds me of many resort towns around the world. Giant resort hotels out in the middle of nowhere.

Excellent!

Share this comment

Oh, many comments - glad you like it :-)

@Tomasu92: Well, it's a mix... the RES is of course all grown, some of the COM, too - but then I also plopped in a few of them, out of desperation with them not growing in the right spot and position ;o)

Now for the questions regarding my beaches:

I use two mods -

* B98 Beach Extender
* Rivit's Coastal Mod (here using: BrownSandForeshore and InshoreGreen, but you may want to experiment...)

But the true 'secret' is in the terraforming - creating a gentle slope quite far into the water to get that nice gradient from green to blue, and then smoothing, smoothing, smoothing - always checking that you keep the proper slope with nice continuous waves...

Share this comment