• Entries
  • Comments
  • Views

100,000x Thanks

Sign in to follow this  
TekindusT

As you may have guessed from the title, this isn't going to be a regular update. This one is very special because it is the first update after having achieved 100,000 visits in this CJ (100,884 in this moment and being close to the 1000th comment). I've got a few words for you all:

100000lv.jpg

Having said this, which is the most important, I'd like to take a look and pay an small homage to the players I mention above, the ones who inspired this CJ and, therefore, responsible of this thread.

"European" gritty style

SimHoTToDDy's Soviet Black Sea Union

peninsulane1.jpg

The one and only. I can say there's a "before" and an "after" stages in my gameplay after seeing this CJ for the first time. I still was quite a newbie when I first saw it and it truly blew my mind off; it is now my all-time favourite CJ and still visit it from time to time.

Glenni's Pridnestrovian Moldavian People's Republic

Chisinau-17.jpg

It has been inactive during nearly all my time here on ST, but I liked it a lot too. It was a less extreme view than SimHoTToDDy's, but inspiring after all.

El Burro's Sakhaliyan Peoples Republic

I discovered it while browsing his stuff looking for BATs and interesting things, and it is funny and brilliant at the same time! Again, too late to comment on it. I'd attach a pic, but most of the interesting ones are gone now.

penguin1634's Soviet Rust

pic03dirtytenements.jpg

He said that he felt inspired from me and when I saw his work, I was the inspired one. Everything is extreme here, as it has to be.

"American" gritty style

All of them are relatively recent because I've been feeling curious for this style during the last months, don't know really good CJs before I went active here.

Evillions' Astoria

Astoria-3.jpg

It looks realistic and it feels realistic. Evillions is always an inspirational player, going through many (all?) SC4 styles and the result is always the same: success.

Huston's Selbring

6044919373_eddd794b07_z.jpg

Selbring is just through the roof when it comes to grit. It isn't 100% realistic, but who cares if this CJ is so stunning? In a few updates, he has harvested a hord of loyal followers in which I must include myself on them.

josh6's Animaltown

2hxlv1f.jpg

I'm going to be honest: I haven't even watched the entire CJ; but I really like to see how an American person depicts the American lower class areas, it is important for a foreigner like me. This was the moment I thought "Why not?"

"Steampunk" gritty style

_marsh_'s Serindrea

picbw.jpg

The absolute all-rounder here. No style could resist him and he always went beyond the game in all cities he built. The Royal Gansbaai Kingdoms CJ is in my personal Top 5 too, but the "Serindrea Series" deserve a truly special spot in my Hall of Fame.

antimonycat's Endora

armada01.jpg

Again, an inactive CJ, a perfect masterpiece hidden in SC4Devotion's catacombs. This CJ is blatantly steampunk-styled, and this was the first think I liked of it. As happens with Soviet Black Sea Union, here the "wow factor" is multiplied by infinity because the user gave the pics a feeling impossible to explain but easy to be amazed by. Realism is thrown through the window, but as happened with Selbring... I love it.

Here ends the inspirational CJs parade I wanted to talk about. As you can see, I'm lightyears away of making a CJ 1/10 as awesome as some of the guys above, this is why I think they had to be highlighted.

------------------------------------------

And I'm going to watch on TV how Josep Guardiola is being awarded with the Gold Medal of the Parliament of Catalonia. Another inspirational person, but not because of a CJ!

Sign in to follow this  

11 Comments

Recommended Comments

Oh my god...that was cool!

How the hell you can have flat land AND water features? Is it a custom map of some sort, or is the water eye candy?

Anyway, it was very dirty, very ghetto, I loved it. Looking forward to more!

Share this comment

I've always thought that your CJ was such a glorious inspiration, and that's how Selbring came to existance :), I agree with Roberto Robato, we should be thanking you for bringing in such a phenomenal City Journal!

And thanks for the recognition! :)

Share this comment

This CJ has been of great inspiration to me from the very beginning. Just as I prefer "unpolished" real-life pictures the most, I found it fascinating that someone actually recreated a darker reality in SC4. But not only have your pictures been mindblowing. Your stories have also accompanied the pictures in a magnificent way, giving them life, soul and a deeper emotion.

Thank you!

Share this comment

Tek, I really think you're being too humble. You deserve that Trixie :P
I mean your CJ is well legend-wait-for-it-dary, the juxtaposition with most of the other CJs out there is a nice wow factor, and even within your pics from stuff that is well maintained (because it's run by external forces) to the city-owned stuff that just falls to pieces.
So again: simply stunning

Share this comment

Great to see your inspirations. And thanks for sharing your work - you deserve every view and comment for your consistently outstanding dedication to your CJ.

Share this comment