Victoria County

• Entries
  • Comments
  • Views

Victoria - Back on track

Sign in to follow this  
heitomat

VTA_O_header.jpg

The Victoria Overground is an extensive tram network in the city of Victoria. As the name suggests, the Overground is different from the Underground as it runs almost solely in daylight. As of today the Overground has six different lines. Together, these lines cover all the central areas of Victoria, and some of the lines have been extended to serve neighbouring boroughs and cities as well.

The Victoria Overground is administrated by the Victoria Transit Authority. Other means of public transportation include the Underground and ordinary buses.

Below are a few pictures from a few areas of the Overground network.

Altstadt, Herbertstrasse, close to the medieval city centre:

Victoria_16.jpg

Neustadt, Embankment, just below the Parliament:

Victoria_Mosaic_03_01.jpg

Victoria_Mosaic_03_02.jpg

Victoria_Mosaic_03_03.jpg

Near Ebertshohe is Ebert Hausmann Dome, an indoor stadium and conference centre:

Victoria_18.jpg

Just north of the university, the lines O2 and O4 cross the Nordlinie rail and the A-1 motorway:

Victoria_17.jpg

St. Addieline hospital and station:

Victoria_Mosaic_04_01.jpg

Victoria_Mosaic_04_02.jpg

Finally, I proudly present an overview map of the Victoria Overground, kindly made to me by Benedict. Thank you, my friend!

Victoria_Overground_Map_2.jpg

I promise more transit related updates in the future! Thank you for visiting Victoria County.

- Eivind

Sign in to follow this  

4 Comments

Recommended Comments

I really like how you've shown us some important places the tram runs by in your city. The image with the overground crossing over the heavy rail is great.

Share this comment

[img]https://lh3.googleusercontent.com/-yoaIaJktJ60/TOccrqoRRYI/AAAAAAAABNU/StegyQlCSr0/s800/Replies.jpg[/img]

[b]Adrianor[/b]: Thank you very much. Unfortunately, as I want every building to grow, achieving the "right" look seems to take ages sometimes..
[b]jmarshall[/b]: Thanks a lot. I'm glad you like the open spaces, I had several tries until I was satisfied. :)
[b]Benedict[/b]: Thank you, friend. The entry is a little Skimbo-insipired. But the crown of the entry is your map! :yes:

Hang in there to meet Dieter, coming up in the next entry!

Share this comment