• Entries
  • Comments
  • Views

The City Of Diana - Part 1

Sign in to follow this  
TheHaso2011

Hey Everyone :thumb:

Replies:

MamaLuigi: I have taken Your Advise on Board and Have Downloaded a Few Residential and Commercial Buildings, Both Can Be Seen in this tutorial. As for the Trees, I Downloaded Paeng's MTP Tree Mod Which Has Changed the Trees to a Much more Vibrant Colour and are now Pine Trees.

So, I've just about Finished Half of Diana City and Decided to Split it Into 2 Parts, I also had A Change of Idea ABout the Style. Origanally, it was gonna be a Metropolis with Skyscrapers and stuff but then My First Impressions of it chaged to :noway: So I Converted it to Another Bueatiful Suburban Town. First Off, a History Lesson:

Diana City is a very Modern City, Built in 1960 When the Demand In Lacey Harbour Was too High for all the Residents to Fit in. The First Mayor, Christian Little, Wasnt a Nice man and decided to Place a Huge, Dirty Downtown for Low-wealth Residents. He also Placed Clapham Estate, One of he Biggest suburbs in Cleatham, and the first Industrial Estate.

When he was booted out the office in 2001 after being connected to the 9/11 Terrorist attack, The Current Mayor took his place. The current mayor has kept the downtown area but it has been rapidly cleaned up, and has built several new Estates in the central part of the City. Future Plans show some more Industrial and Some Huge Suburbs.

In 2008, The first Operating Line was opened in Diana, known as the Coastal line, it is the busiest Single Line Track In the World, with over 5000 Morning commute Trains.

That is the istory of Diana, Now lets Skip to Present Day!

First off, An Overview of the city, With the New MTP Tree Mod:

9hDwd.jpg

As you can see, there are some Areas that Have yet to develop.

Industrial Estate:

K9aI9.jpg

The shopping District:

7p7P9.jpg

Clapham Estate

cw1im.jpg

The Cleaner Downtown:

KpEO7.jpg

The Valley District:

XWc82.jpg

Central Estate:

KWgO0.jpg

Cleatham Woods, A Huge Set of Woods Spread across the Region:

WLEeE.jpg

Pine Tree Estate:

G896O.jpg

Woodland District:

QX7np.jpg

The Landfill And Seaport:

xiaeK.jpg

Now We are going to go along the Coastal Line, Through Each Individual Station. First off, Diana Industrial:

R3eFD.jpg

Clapham Station:

nDIHH.jpg

Riverview Station:

l1kPY.jpg

Airport Junction:

cLq0m.jpg

Diana International:

D6RTz.jpg

River Edge Station:

G4adb.jpg

And a close up on the Line:

wRehw.jpg

The Coastal Road:

eVDwe.jpg

Diana International Airport:

IOD3m.jpg

The Coco Chemical Factory:

ZFScv.jpg

Diana Main Ferry Terminal:

bXOdT.jpg

The 2 Famous Light Houses, One Dwarved By the other:

d0ED8.jpg

Finally, a Night View:

1JCrg.jpg

Sorry about the Extreme Length on this, I hope it's not to long.

Next Part: The City of Diana - Part 2!

Sign in to follow this  

2 Comments

Recommended Comments

Nah, don't worry too much about length. Some more advice: before taking the pictures, it's a good idea to hit the "G" key and turn off the grid. I'd have probably demolished a whole bunch of those blue repeating office buildings in the "Shopping District" picture. I like the names for everything. Can we learn some details about each section in your upcoming updates? I mean, you don't have to repeat this update, but on the new ones :) . The single rail looks nice, I like it. The pine trees are nice, too. I think Maxis made a pretty good looking lighthouse. That's it! Improved update, I think!

Share this comment

The improvement already is wonderful! The trees really made the difference, as well as the new commercial and residential. Might I suggest using Mattb325's Suburban Houses found mainly on the LEX? They look really good in any city, and I think alsongsuide the pine trees, they will make a big impression. :ohyes:

Great job, and keep up the good work! :thumb:

Share this comment