• Views

New Holland

Paulobergonci

Replies

dabadon5: Looks really sweee, i love that density

A: Thanks! :D

kakado_to_save: Looks good!

A: Thank you :)

Towerdude: Esta la CJ dela perfection !I love the time comparison for the two blocks, it looks great

A: Thanks, i personaly like to compare old and new pictures XD

NMUSpidey: That's great for the low-wealth buildings: riverfront location! I sense some gentrification in their future, for better or worse ;) . Nice update!

A: Well, they are still there today, but who knows what can happen?

ThomasSimpson: Nice pictures, I like your work a lot. :)

A: And that makes me very happy :D

emperordaniel: Very nice! :thumb: And thanks for the link btw ;)

A: Thanks and you're welcome.

New Holland

Well, how the same says, its a dutch comunity in New Buckigham. The ducth arrive in the city in 1710 and they founded this small village, far from the rest of the city, but now it is surounded by buildings and makes part of NB.

1.An overview. New Holland is served by 3 subway stations, Blue Line.

YLBRc.jpg

2. An old picture

SDkqh.jpg

Today

Edww5.jpg

3.That's Kamel Kirke, a church built by the dutch people, their temple.

w9fue.jpg

4.Some of the first buildings constructed.

1BaQX.jpg

5.A bike path in front of the church.

eVl6x.jpg

6.That's the first baseball field built in the city, around 1840.

JYcEF.jpg

7.Cheap homes at New Holland.

JhNOA.jpg

That's all for today, hope you like the neighborhood, there are apartments for rent ;)

Please, tell me your opinion.

AH, btw, i would like to say that i used a lot of Maxis buildings because the style of the city is from New York, so the buildings are perfect.

10 Comments

Recommended Comments

It is an amazing neighbourhood, especially the biking path is some great dutch work ;)
bu the timber framed house and the name/style of the church seems more German to me, being Dutch myself. But beside the name it is awesome!

Share this comment

I think Maxis made some really nice buildings. I don't mind seeing them pop up, the only problem arises when there's too much repetition, which I honestly don't think is a problem in your cj. Another nice update, by the way.

Share this comment

I come from holland, and I have some comments to make:
The houses are indeed german, and the "first buildings constructed" are much more new yorkish, so you won't find any of this houses in a typical dutch town. When you search for "Amsterdam" in the STEX, you'll find much dutch houses which fit in your town very well.
The church is also very german. Again, if you search for "Dutch church", you'll find much. Besides, the dutch word for church is kerk.
Besides that, it looks pretty good!

Share this comment

I see a lot of people having comments on the church, saying that they are Dutch and that the church looks German.
But apparently, they don't know their country that well, because that church in the picture is the Munsterkerk in Roermond.

I like your CJ and it looks perfectly realistic as a Dutch settlement in the new world.

Share this comment

Lol, people never see anything with a gentle eye. Always searching for the most minimal errors to criticize. The church is actually Dutch, but the row houses are more new york, but still fit in so well i dont really care :P Really nice!

Share this comment

Roermond actually lies in Limburg very close to the German border so it isn't odd that it 'looks German'. I don't think you'll find many churches like the one u used in holland (i.e. the area around Amsterdam and Rotterdam) where most of the people who settled in the new world came from. It looks awesome but it doesn't look dutch; maybe a canal and canal houses would help.

Share this comment