• Moose
  • Entries
  • Comments
  • Views

Southport at Night

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
NMUSpidey

SO, I would like to tell you more about Port Matthew. Its culture, government, people, etc., but outside of my "Sensational Six" journal, I'm not entirely sure what you would like to know, so before we get this update rolling, feel free to ask my anything in the comments section. I'll be happy to answer any questions you may ask, even ones attached to backhanded compliments. Much appreciation goes out to those who take the time to read my cjs! And now we'll get on with our update!

SouthportOverviewWestandRiverfrontnight.jpg

This time we'll start with the overviews. I'm using the Dark Night mod (mostly because all references to Batman [even unintentional ones] are awesome).

SouthportOverviewEastnight.jpg

I went back and re-read the original Port Matthew city journal, the one I started a few years ago, and I think I have really improved. (click here if you're feeling nostalgic but please don't necro it, it's long since dead)

SouthportHSnight.jpg

The high school at night. Southport has more students than any other high school on the island. It is usually dominant in all sports because of their larger talen- wait, this sounds familiar. I'll try to refrain from repeating myself in this update.

ResidentialSouthportnight.jpg

Southport High School is fed by the large population living in highrise apartments in (and bordering) Southport.

SouthportStationnight.jpg

Southport Station at night. Eagle-eyed viewers will notice that the old park was replaced by the Kirby Plaza. I did this because as wonderful as Paeng's yellow garden looks, the yellow tiles just didn't mesh well in this particular area. I think there are other places where I've used those wonderful parks and we'll see them someday.

TeaCafenight.jpg

The tea cafe where Tory busted up The Six's big day out (well, four of The Six anyways). It looks a little different on cold, sunny winter afternoons.

PMIAnight.jpg

The Port Matthew Institute of Art at night. Maxis did include some cool buildings. Much of the art in this building is local. Its location in the Blue Village is symbolic of the artistic contributions to Port Matthew by the large number of creative people living here. In the Interactive Wing, visitors are welcomed to upvote and downvote newer art in a kind of internet-style popularity contest amongst anonymous passers-by.

GatewaytoEastBanknight.jpg

The nearby Gateway to East Bank provides a direct route to East Bank Plaza, home to yet another cultural center we'll be seeing in a different update. For now, just enjoy the look of this bridge.

DefendersSquarenight.jpg

And back at the other end of Southport is Defenders' Plaza. It's not lit up at night as nicely as some of the surroundings, but it provides a nice transition to talk about...

SouthportRiverfrontnight.jpg

...Defenders' Tower, which is amazingly not in the foreground of every shot of Southport and Fuji-Cho. It is the tallest structure in all Port Matthew. Its lighting is changed depending on the season. In addition to the observation deck and decidedly tourist-y nature of the tower, the game tells me there are some 4400 office workers in there (although realistically there's probably about 10% of that).

TowerSeesAllnight.jpg

The Tower does get into the foreground of a lot of pictures. This one has some other interesting buildings in it, too. I'll be quite now and you can just enjoy the pictures.

So thanks again for taking the time to read my entries. I'm happy if you are enjoying my city journal, and I'll keep improving. And if you're interested in seeing some daily life, take a look at The Sensational Six. There's drama, and pretty girls, and twists, and character development. Just wait till you see what happens!

Anyways, I'll see you in your journals as well!

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

6 Comments

Sky Guy: Thank you! There's a lot of water, so we build a lot of access points!

TowerDude: Thank you!

Schulmanator: Totally, Mr. Schulmanator.

10000000000000000000000000: Thank youuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu!

escilnavia: Thank you! I'm glad you enjoyed it :) .

And thanks to everyone else for taking a glance at my city. See you again soon!

Share this comment