Heimen

• Entries
  • Comments
  • Views

Bijsterveld canals | Rebuild

Sign in to follow this  
vivapanda

Replies:

111222333444 (I must confess I copy+cut'd that)

Thanks for referring to us. Although it would be the end of the month (August 31) til we publish again...

EDIT: I don't know if I would build an embassy to your country yet....

I'm looking forward to the the 31st! I will let you know if I come up with something. And you have plenty of time to think about it.

It's the proud of Bijsterveld, they are at least one time one every postcard: the Bijsterveld canals.

When I made about half a year ago I was really proud about it, I dug the canals by hand in god mode an they looked Amazing.

*Fast forward*

Well they just don't, they aren't really straight and they don't look nice and pretty amateurish.

So I got thinking about rebuild them with custom canals and I put the Pro's against the No's

+It'll look nicer

+" leas amaterish

+ I can get rid of the bridges wich look ugly because of the height they need

+ More building space beacause the height-climbing bridges are gone

-Might destroy some buildings when egalizing

-Might be a lot of work

Four arguments against two "mights" that seems clear to me

The canal to be rebuild

bijsterveld1mei22131444.png

So I gave the order to men from a construction company who filled the canal with soil

Luckily no single building was hit by the roundflying soil, the roads did not survive it though.

And soon they could start digging out the new canal

In the Canal renovation act the mayor also thought about the renovation of the surroudings, the ugly Maxis-composed park was replaced by a nice grassfield (On the left you can see the Royal palace at the canal) and the school was replaced by a hospital. The original hospital was build on this place in 1746 and it served as royal hospital. In 1973 It had to be demolished because it didn't serve the needs of those days anymore.

The mayor didn't only thought about a new park in his renovation act, but he also let Singelpunt, known as the getto of Bijsterveld be destroyed. After pressure from other politicans who weren't happy with this the mayor offered the people new houses in the suburbs of the city.

bijsterveld20mei2213144.png

And a new Singelpunt was made

bijsterveld20mei2213144.png

Soon after it was finished, now I'm only hoping for some more rowhouses

bijsterveld26jul2813144.png

bijsterveld26jul2813144.png

This is a map of the canals as they are now

naamloosrq.jpg

I hope you liked it, please let me now what you think of the result

VP

Sign in to follow this  

2 Comments

Recommended Comments

The new canals look pretty good. It's nice to have level crossings instead of those awkward hills the game seems to need to cross water. Maybe it's because of hurricane storm surge or tsunami regulations...

Share this comment