• Moose
  • Entries
  • Comments
  • Views

Regional Mosaic : West ( Delaware Bayshore)

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Jetty Jockey

header.jpg

Hello again. Well, we weathered the storm here fairly well. Fortunately , Hurricane Irene weakened to a category 1 and passed offshore of Cape May County, making landfall just north of Atlantic City,(25 miles northeast of the region) rather than going up Delaware Bay as expected. Add that to the fact that the storm passed while the tide was falling, sparing the region from the catastrophic flooding. There was some flooding , trees downed, and power is still out to about a quarter of the county,(mostly on the barrier islands) but all in all I'd say we dodged a bullet again .

In today's update I'm going to try my first attempt at a mosaic. By not shrinking the regional map as I've done in previous entries, I hope to give an idea of the size and scale of the map. It is 20 miles as the gull flies ( more or less) from Dennisville to Cape May.

mosaic1north.jpg

mosaic2.jpg

mosaic13.jpg

mosaic14.jpg

REPLIES :

10000000000000 - Y'know, hurricanes were my favorite disaster in SC2K. Pity they didn't include them in later versions. I was driving, so I completely missed the earthquake. Never felt a thing. If the alien invasion is next, I am soooo out of here :D

lobsterav - thanks. We did OK here. Hope you fared as well up north.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

2 Comments