• Entries
  • Comments
  • Views

The Kawarau Hike

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
paeng

View Album

If you're up to it - put on your hiking boots and come along, the plan is like this -

A cabin boat will take us across the lake and into the river, where we hire a punt to take us up to the first in a series of rapids.

From here we hike up a rocky cliff and through some dense forest until we reach the clearing with an ancient mysterious stone circle.

After a short meditation we'll continue through the forest to the edge of the cliff. We'll cross the gorge via the old Kawarau Bridge and on to the small viewing platform that offers a spectacular view of the rapids.

From there it's an easy walk down the side of the cliff until we hit the road and a nearby busstation. The bus will take us straight to the next pub... :-)

Hours later - the video taken during the hike...

kawarau-hike.jpg

Okay, go cure your blisters... :-))

SimWarrior and Leszczyk like this
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

14 Comments

I could stare at this for ten minutes straight, and still miss some of the details. This is extreme, radical, amazing. I mean......wow. Just wow.

'Nuff said.

Share this comment

Again your update blows me away, so much detail. Which trees are you using? I see PEGS pines and Simfox, any others I'm missing?

Share this comment

Fantastic, once again. And a lot of brilliant details to discover, like the mentioned bungee jumper! Great!

See you at the pub. ;)

Share this comment

Cool, so many enthusiastic hikers... My, the pub is filling up ;-))

[quote name='jmarshall' timestamp='1314613955']Which trees are you using? I see PEGS pines and Simfox, any others I'm missing?[/quote]

Yeah... there are also trees by CP, Heblem, Girafe... and maybe more... I most probably have any trees that were ever made into MMPs :ohyes:

Share this comment

[font="Comic Sans MS"][b][img]http://img199.imageshack.us/img199/733/bestofthebestsmall.jpg[/img]
[size="2"]CONGRATULATIONS!! THIS ENTRY WON [url="http://www.simtropolis.com/forum/journals/2774/entry-12866-week-2-82211-82811/"]BEST OF THE BEST! - WEEKLY EDITION[/url] FOR THE CATEGORY [i][color="#0000FF"]MOSAIC[/color][/i] [/b][/size][/font]
paeng likes this

Share this comment