Olde John's Landing - Waterfront
Welcome back to Rip City! First off, thanks for all of your comments everyone! Your kind words and praise are greatly appreciated. Thanks also to all of you who stop by to take a peek.
Next, I have a question for you about image hosting: I have a large mosaic (1k x 6x resolution) of the same cinder cone as the last update, but I don't know the best way to host it so it will display properly. I am currently hosting my images on my @live.com online storage, but when I try to link to the image it gets sized down. I have a horizontal mosaic stored there that doesn't do this so I would guess there's a max height threshold I've passed. I also have a free account on photobucket, but unfortunately that resizes automatically. So can anyone tell me how/where I can host my mosaic-sized pics? (without spending money for a pro account somewhere)
Finally on to the update. Today we jump from the wilds of the eastern side of the map to the old downtown area. Immediately south of Real Life Portland is an area called St. John's Landing, or in my little quasi-parallel universe, Olde John's Landing.
1. Tile overview. Willamette river is in the foreground, the east foot of the West Hills is in the background.
2. Industrial area on the south of this tile.
3. Busy Warehouses and Trucks.
4. The local flora is not too happy with the industrial pollution.
5. John's Landing Marina.
6. North End of the Marina Boardwalk
7. Apartments with a waterfront view
8. Marina Services.
9. Marina Boat Launch.
10. View from above looking downhill.
11. Marina Boardwalk at night.
12. Olde John's Landing by night.
Thanks again for stopping by everyone. If you have any pertinent information regarding my question about image hosting mosaics please drop it in the comments. Cheers.