• Moose
  • Entries
  • Comments
  • Views

Reshub

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
paeng

One of the 'heavyweights' in Mountainview with a population of almost 50.000 medium and high wealth residents...

reshub_mos01.jpg

Cityhall and Police HQ...

reshub01.jpg

The Beehive...

reshub02.jpg

reshub03.jpg

One of the major employers in town...

reshub04.jpg

Gardenville Subdivision and academic center...

reshub_mos02.jpg

reshub06.jpg

Sportspark...

reshub07.jpg

Hitech industrial park...

reshub08.jpg

Night impressions...

reshub09.jpg

reshub10.jpg

reshub11.jpg

reshub12.jpg

reshub13.jpg

reshub14.jpg

reshub15.jpg

Next we'll get back into nature for a while... ;-)

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

18 Comments

Stunning update. I love the layout of the roads in the first picture, and I also really like the lily pond (koi pond?) - haven't seen that before.

Share this comment

It never fails, I check this journal, see and appreciate the incredible awesomeness, and feel I should hang it up because I'm never going to be this good. Just magnificent work, Paeng!
PontiacFiero84 likes this

Share this comment

Once again - thanks for all your kind comments :-)

[quote name='NMUSpidey' timestamp='1314094963']and feel I should hang it up because I'm never going to be this good.[/quote]

Oh, don't hang it up! After all, we're not competing or so :-)
NMUSpidey likes this

Share this comment

Paeng, you are the only person I know who can mix a rural community and mid-rise buildings together so perfectly. Splendid job! :ohyes:

Share this comment

[quote name='burnzie_16' timestamp='1314195830']how did you get the roundabouts? and the night mod?[/quote]

The large RA is here -
http://www.simtropolis.com/forum/files/file/25991-roundabout-underground-parking/

The smaller ones are just lots I made up...

I don't use any NightMods, as they are all far too dark for my taste... I just push my nightshots through photoshop and cut out that funny purplish-pink haze that Maxis declared to be the color of night ;-)

* [i]If you have photoshop - just use the 'Curves' tool to reduce red and blue, and push up green a little... once you have a setting you like, make an 'action' of it, so all your nightshots will have a consistent appearance.[/i]

Share this comment

looks good, and calm. I specially like the variety and the kind of randomness; it makes me wonder what was there before the sports center, and how nice the ponds must have looked before urbanisation. I don't know if you let this town grow 'naturally'; if not: it looks like it anyway, and that's a compliment.

What terrain mod do you use? I like the grass/dirt texture

Share this comment

[quote name='mrdobalina' timestamp='1314276389']I don't know if you let this town grow 'naturally'; if not: it looks like it anyway[/quote]

Yes, most of it is grown - certainly all the RES, and also most of the IND and small COM... only the midrise COM in the north is plopped, and some diagonals...

[quote]What terrain mod do you use? I like the grass/dirt texture[/quote]

All I use is a mod that generally lifts the terrain up a bit (PEG-MTP TerrainMod 2) but leaves the textures untouched - so all the textures are plain old Maxis default... still the best (for me).

[quote]What did you use to fill in the empty spaces usually left by using diagonal roads?[/quote]

Well, the "zigzag" is still there... filling that is a 'science' on its own ;-)) Basically I try to zone small properties in the gap in a sort of herringbone pattern, in some spots I use diagonal fillers, or else I just camouflage the more obvious gaps with MMPs (trees and stuff)...

Share this comment

do you upgrade the city hall or what? If so (upgrade) how'd you do that? btw nice city, it sure is for wealthy populations, it looked calm and nice!

Share this comment

[quote name='Hadudi' timestamp='1314395216']do you upgrade the city hall or what? If so (upgrade) how'd you do that?[/quote]

Yes, there are three city halls in the game - two of which Maxis apparently forgot... but there is a mod to revive them -

http://www.simtropolis.com/forum/files/file/11154-all-3-cityhalls-modd-reward-fix/

:-)

Share this comment