• Entries
  • Comments
  • Views

The Sensational Six #15

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
NMUSpidey

THE STORY SO FAR...

Marv and Nina started dating and dragged their friends Kari, Erisa, Dan-O, and Taro with them. At Dan-O's house after school one day, a freak blizzard caused by an enemy of the Defenders dropped prodigious amounts of snow on PM, stranding them all together. They used that day to get to know each other better and are now fast friends...

With foreign aid from Canada, the US, and Japan arriving early that morning, street clearing started in earnestness with the foreign workers collaborating with the Defenders (PM's super hero protectors) and the Power Unit (specially trained elite policing unit charged with PM's defense when the Defenders were gone). This meant that, despite being unprepared for such a heavy snowfall, the island was able to adapt and dig out. It also meant that the roads would be clear for the teens to return to their homes and see their parents before too long. Because of this, the six friends spent much of their afternoon unearthing their cars from the abundant amount of snow that covered them. Nina had the easiest time, since her car was up higher than the rest of them. After one more less-eventful night, the Six said their good-byes the following morning and headed for home on the freshly cleared main road.

School was canceled the rest of the week for side streets to get taken care of and for the rest of the island to get caught up. Nina, Marv, Erisa, and Dan-O hanged out a few more times, doing homework and generally getting more comfortable with each other. When the next Monday did finally come around, they were all more or less ready to get back to school and see some of their other friends. School was enjoyable, and the second week things seemed like they were just about to hit a happy routine...

MtPlainsHS.jpg

Mt. Plains High School, home of the Foresters...

Nina sat at lunch eating a sandwich and reading a book alone as she usually does when she had a surprise visitor.

Tory-2.jpgTory: *places lunchbag on table across from Nina* Neens, hey, wassup?

Nina-2.jpgNina: *looks up from book* Tory, what are you doing here?

Tory-2.jpgTory: *apologetically* Well, mostly I just wanted to say sorry for the last time we were together... It wasn't right what I tried to do to you, and I should respect that.

Nina-2.jpgNina: There must be something up, his ego is way too big to admit wrongdoing, and his "manhood" is so much stronger than his little peabrain that I'm sure this isn't sincere.

Tory-2.jpgTory: *pleading* Nina, I'm really sorry, please don't make me say it again.

Nina-2.jpgNina: *slightly upset* Tory, I'm just not that kinda girl, you can't push me around and try to take advantage of me, especially trying to get me to do sexual things that I just am not ready to do.

Tory-2.jpgTory: *humbly* Well, I understand that now...

Nina-2.jpgNina: Alright, well, say I forgive you, what next?

Tory-2.jpgTory: I just want us to be friends, you know? Say 'hi' in the halls, hang out after school when you have free time, you know. Hey, where's your new boyfriend at? Don'chu eat lunch together?

Nina-2.jpgNina: *hesitantly* Well, he has sixth period lunchtime, so it's just me here...

Tory-2.jpgTory: Cool, well, do you mind if I eat with you?

Nina-2.jpgNina: *uneasily* Uh, no, go ahead...

Tory-2.jpgTory: *begins eating happily*

Nina-2.jpgNina: Why now? Why come to me now to apologize? What happened?

Tory-2.jpgTory: *around mouthfuls of food* Well, when I was stranded at home during the snowstorm, I had a lot of time to think about things I did, so I thought maybe what I did to you was wrong 'cuz it hurt real bad when you stopped talking to me. Anyways, I'm young, so I figured now is the best time to turn over, what, like, a new coin, or leaf or whatever you kids are sayin' these days.

Nina-2.jpgNina: *upset once again* So just like that, you think we can be friends again? Your buddy pushed my best friend out of a moving car, and when I went after her, you sped off, that's not something I can just forget.

Tory-2.jpgTory: I know, I know, I know, and I know it's lame to just say sorry, but what else can I do? I just wanna move on, you know, and I need you to forgive me so I can.

Nina eyed him carefully. He was leaning forward and sweat had appeared on his forehead. Deep down, Nina was a nice person. She didn't want to have enemies in this world, and found it extremely difficult to confront someone or have an argument. She usually ended up flustered and unable to articulate her opinion very well, so she paused for a few seconds to gather her thoughts on this matter before she was ready to move forward.

Nina-2.jpgNina: Alright, I forgive you. I don't fully trust you yet, because you damaged that beyond being repaired by a simple 'sorry.' So, we can be friends in the halls, but just know that I'm not going to put up with any funny business from you. And you need to call off your friends from threatening Marv. He's my boyfriend now, and that's not gonna change in the near future.

Tory-2.jpgTory: *big sigh of relief* Alright, great, you can count on me, Neens. So, what're you reading?

After school, Marv rounded the corner to make his way to Nina's locker when he stopped in his tracks by something he was unprepared to see. Nina was leaning back against her locker, and Tory was leaning towards her with his elbow propped up against that same locker and his hand resting easily on her shoulder. They were talking and looked very friendly. He was about to turn around and escape the scene when Nina spotted him and jumped away from Tory waving happily.

Marv-2.jpgMarv: Uh, hey Nina... What's his game?

Nina-2.jpgNina: *wraps arms around Marv* Marv, you know Tory?

Marv-2.jpgMarv: Uh sure. *smiles coldly* Hi Tory.

Tory-2.jpgTory: Marv, nice to see you again.

Tory-2.jpgMarv-2.jpg *shake hands, equal grips*

Nina-2.jpgNina: So, Tory was just asking about some homework for one of his classes.

Tory-2.jpgTory: Right, I-

Marv-2.jpgMarv: *coldly* And you've got your answer?

Tory-2.jpgTory: *pulls back* Uh, yeah...

Marv-2.jpgMarv: *curtly* Well, nice seeing you. *pulls Nina away with him*

Nina-2.jpgNina: *over shoulder* See ya Tory!

Marv-2.jpgMarv: *sharply* What was that about?

Nina-2.jpgNina: *slightly guiltily* Well, he came up to me at lunch and said he was sorry for that one night...

Marv-2.jpgMarv: I know what he did to you guys, I don't know how you can be so friendly with him.

Nina-2.jpgNina: What? What's wrong with you? Wait, I know! You're jealous!

Marv-2.jpgMarv: *defensively* I am not.

Nina-2.jpgNina: *sings while dancing around him* You're jealous, you're jealous, you're jealous!

Marv-2.jpgMarv: *laughs* He-hey, cut that out!

Nina-2.jpgNina: *sweetly* I'm with you, Marv-O, I like you a lot and your friends are like, way awesome. So just relax, you can trust me. So, are we all goin' to Erisa's game this week?

Marv-2.jpgMarv: Yeah, with the snow, they just pushed back all o' the games a week because they had no makeup dates, so the rest of the schedule is just gonna have the last week lopped off. They're playing this Saturday in Southport, so we'll have to take the train or monorail into the city.

Nina-2.jpgNina: Oh! We can make a day of it! There are some cool restaurants down there, and since it's close to PMU there are like a million art galleries and shopping and- oh, we're gonna have fun!

Marv-2.jpgMarv: Yeah, it's just too bad the Defenders are out of town this weekend. Well, drive safely, Nina.

Nina-2.jpgNina: Okay, see you tomorrow!

emperordaniel and Roger51 like this
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

4 Comments

hmmmmmm....to trust Tory or not is the question :???: Good to see the roads being cleared and people finally making their way back into the normal rhythm :)
NMUSpidey likes this

Share this comment

escilnavia: I've never actually seen "Twilight" but I've seen the commercials, and I think his looks suit Tory's character.

Roger51: Ooo, you're on to him...

Schulmanator: Just bring your school spirit!
emperordaniel likes this

Share this comment