POWELL GEYSER FIELD
Welcome back everyone!
No comments on my boring and repetitive suburbs I see. Guess we'll chance tactics and head back down into the Powell Volcanic Area.
If you remember from our trip to East Crater there was a trail heading south. Taking that trail we cross into the next tile south.
1. We come to a fork in the road. Let's turn left.
2. A little ways down the trail we see light in the tree tops ahead. The forest must be thinning out.
3. But the clearing is actually a field of geysers and hot springs.
4. The steaming hot water must be full of caustic chemicals since the surrounding vegetation is withered and dead.
5. Green geyser spurts up and flows under the raised nature walk.
6. Emerald fountain bubbles up amid the volcanic rocks.
7. The runoff gathers together and forms a small stream.
8. Not too far downstream the vegetation returns to normal.
9. The trail continues on. But what lies up that runoff channel?
We'll find out in our next update. See you next time.