• Moose
  • Entries
  • Comments
  • Views

Factories, Wall-To-Walls and Projects

TekindusT

bannercomentarios.jpg

escilnava: Thank you for your comment, if it looks like the Bronx, then it's OK!

jj88: Thanks for commenting!

Jamesrules90: Thanks for commenting! I'm an absolute fan of PEG's gritty stuff...

SRB95: Thank you for your comment!

packersfan: Thanks for commenting!

Zulu2065: Thank you for your comment and your question! Answered in the comments section.

Weecacks: Thank you for your comment, if you wanted to, you'd be insane!

Adrianor: ¡Gracias por comentar! I've got many inspiration sources, fellow CJers, and the real Bronx district are the main inspirators of this new Rankine incarnation.

Andrey km: Muito obrigado! Answered by PM and in the comments section.

heitomat: Thank you for commenting! Answered in the comments section.

spursrule14: Thanks for your comment! I wasn't sure about what would be the reaction to this pic as it barely displays gritty things, but I see you liked it...

Frdm920: Thanks for your comment, hope the city is everything but fancy...

Roberto Robato: Thank you for commenting! Didn't say it was awesome, I said I felt more confortable with it!

k50dude: Thanks for your comment! I thought the same, but it is my little homage to the Yankees Stadium!

Alejandro24: ¡Gracias por tu comentario! I've seriously thought in making a South-American styled ghetto, more or less inspired by all these neverending layers of brick houses climbing the mountains in Caracas or Bogotá, but I mainly face the severe lack of BATs to it. I'll try to figure out something with Frogface's stuff, but can promise nothing...

bannerbueno.jpg

Today we'll be taking a short but intense ride in Rankine's history.

48952568.jpg

rankineav.jpg

As many other cities, Rankine started as an industrial zone, with a bunch of factories placed in a well-communicated spot. People and contractors just built their homes around the factories and, this way, the City of Rankine was born.

KL_000734_sv.jpg

People demanded public transport, and the IRT (Interborough Rapid Transit Company) reached the city center in 1917, when Rankine was still booming (picture circa 1950 approximately).

44117225.jpg

The city's growth rapidly overcame the nearby railroads, and heavy upgrades where undertaken to ensure the factories the supplies they needed and the shipments they needed to do. Tracks were elevated without taking into accound the confort of the ones who had to live besides them.

63959725.jpg

The city was dense, but it could be even denser. When the lack of space became a reality, constructors didn't hesitate on building upwards without thinking in also improving the school and the hospital. Massive blocks of flats have been built, and are currently built at the builders' discretion. While Manhattan's housing projects were inteded to provide a "better living", Rankine's housing projects are intended to provide a "better living for the contractors and their family".

ProjectsAndTrain3.jpg

24 Comments

Like Exla357 said, very nice mix of pictures. The whole thing looks even more realistic with the real life pictures in between. Nice! And thank you for the link, by the way. :D
TekindusT likes this

Share this comment

How much for a 2 room flat in the pink building in picture 3 [img]http://www.simtropolis.com/forum/public/style_emoticons/default/9.gif[/img]

I realy like your CJ!

Share this comment

Interesnting story of Rankine. But I still miss the european style. But the fifth photo its great!

Interesante la historia de Rankine. Pero aún así extraño el estilo europeo. Aunque la quinta foto es genial.
TekindusT likes this

Share this comment

You should recreate New York's "bad" areas, it would look really good.

But this looks good too :P Nice job as always!

Share this comment

You have become a master on this!! I cant make the housing projects to rise in my cities (I have the super demand mod does it influence on them?). By the way, que lindos goles se mando Messi el miercoles, ojala jugara asi en la selección :]
TekindusT likes this

Share this comment

Incredible. I wouldn't especially like to visit there unless I'm heavily armed and bulletproof, but your pictures are full of great detail that make me rate this a 5/5.
TekindusT likes this

Share this comment

[font="Comic Sans MS"][b][img]http://img199.imageshack.us/img199/733/bestofthebestsmall.jpg[/img]
[size="2"]CONGRATULATIONS!! THIS ENTRY WON [url="http://www.simtropolis.com/forum/journals/2774/entry-12866-week-2-82211-82811/"]BEST OF THE BEST! - WEEKLY EDITION[/url] FOR THE CATEGORY [i][color="#0000FF"]GRITTY[/color][/i] [/b][/size][/font]
newyorka likes this

Share this comment

This is great! It reminds me of how New York used to and should be. Harlem, Bedstuy, Brownsville, etc. it all changed. Do More! This might sound weird to most of you but I would live in this kind of area. I'm used to it anyways.

Share this comment