Followers 0
  • Entries
  • Comments
  • Views

Easton: Downtown and Wrap-up

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
turdferguson1

Hello everyone, Today, we are wrapping up Easton on our way to Downtown Baychester. For those of you who were concerned about the prop box bug that seemed to have infested my city, just remember that this is a short burst of a CJ, as I am leaving for college on Saturday. So, I have only 3 days to get screenshots, and anyways, the only types of lots which seem to be affected so far are the maxis mansions which I don't particularly care for.

Just for clarification, Easton has a population of 22,447.

We start closer to the downtown area on Thorpe Road. This road is the most important surface street in Easton, and here we can find the Easton Medical Center. The medical center is highly rated, and It is considered by many as the finest hospital in the Baychester metropolitan area.

Easton-EastonMedicalCenter.jpg

If we move closer to Easton Lake, we can see Easton Lake park. The numerous athletic fields are used for recreational league soccer matches and little-league football games. The row of shops has been preserved by the Easton Historic Society after protests against a proposed strip mall opening.

Eaton-EastonLakePark.jpg

Easton High School is at the bottom of the picture, but because of the age of the homes around the school, when the school underwent expansion, its athletic fields were built over. Therefore, The school's soccer and football team were forced to practice at Easton Lake park. The construction at the right side of the picture is for additional medical office space for Easton Medical Center.

Easton-EastonHigh.jpg

After crossing I-97, we come across downtown Easton. Most of these buildings (apart from the gas station) were built in the early 1900s, and are preserved by the Easton Historic Society. The park is Kings Pond Park, and it was opened in 1934; one can rent a rowboat to paddle around in from one of the stores downtown.

Easton-Eastondowntown.jpg

At the other side of downtown is a block of historic rowhomes. These are among the most desirable properties in the entire metropolitan region; recently, a small, 1500 square foot rowhouse sold for $612,000! Take that recession. The modern building contains offices for a number of small corporations, and when built, was heavily protested by the traditionalists in the town.

Easton-Eastondowntown2.jpg

The other end of downtown is here, with the old Easton Times-Picayune clocktower building, and some bigger apartments.

Easton-Eastondowntown3.jpg

Here we see the rest of the rail overpass we began to see in our first picture. This is part of the Baychester Commuter Rail (BCR) network, and the triangular building is one of the main offices for the BCR network.

Easton-BCRoverpass.jpg

Finally, as we head out of the city on I-97 south, we see the Thorpe rd. interchange. It's nothing too special, but this shot gives a nice overview of the more built-up section of Easton.

Easton-ThorpeRdInterchange.jpg

It's been a pleasure showing you Easton, prepare for something different next time. Adios.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

3 Comments

I like the graceful curves and the tastefully undeveloped but still beautiful open spaces. It is indeed realistic. Excellent!

Share this comment