Cattala

• Entries
  • Comments
  • Views

Seina | A Duke's Welcome

ThomasSimpson

seina-ent12-01-1.jpg

seina-ent12-02-1.jpg

Welcome back to the town of Seina, in Monte Calida province. Before we start today’s tour of new areas of the town, let’s look at the local Church at night.

seina-ent12-03-1.jpg

The centrepiece to the new area is the Palace of Seina, which is home to the Duke of Monte Calida, currently Prince Paulo Bonnecelli. The palace is one of many owned by the Crown across the province, but this is the principal residence of the Duke.

seina-ent12-04-1.jpg

The Palace was still under construction when we last visited the east of Seina, as you can see in the grey image. The river has now been allowed to follow it’s natural course again and a village has been built around the palace.

seina-ent12-05-1.jpg

The community of Idrico Arco was built rapidly after the completion of the palace and has continued to expand. Many people wanted to live in an area regarded as affluent and wealthy, and living near such an example of that is a unique opportunity outside of Celeste.

seina-ent12-06-1.jpg

The river is the heart of Idrico Arco – it’s name means comes from the Italian for Arch of Water – and links it to the rest of Seina. For the village to be built, bridges had to be constructed and it took large amounts of resources and time to divert the flow of water and assemble the series of bridges on-site.

Below is a mosaic of Seina, looking in a western direction.

seinaent1207.jpg

Seina is a different project to all of my others in this journal – it’s not based in a specific time, it just grows. So I hope you liked today’s update.

venicii and Prens like this

9 Comments

amazing! I wish this were real so I could go there. That mosaic is phenomenal btw :thumb:

Edit in response to your reply: Thanks ya I'm sort of back. I am hesitant to become active at AIN again because I don't know how long this will last, and I don't want to cause a lot of issues in re-applying and then having a possibility of inactiveness... anyway, I will still give it some thought, but for the time being, it is nice to be somewhat "back" :)
ThomasSimpson likes this

Share this comment

Sky Guy: Thanks again - and don't worry. Just remember that whenever you're ready to return, even if it's for a short while, the door is open for your return. :)

111222333444: Thank you very much, again!

Heitomat: Thanks, I'm glad you like it.

10000000000000: Thank you very much, it's great to read that you enjoy viewing Cattala.

mrdevinej: Thank you for your comment. :)

IL,: Thanks! Now that you've said it, that blue warehouse isn't very good looking is it? It's part of a lot, so I can't just demolish that. I will look at taking down that area though. Thank you for the suggestion. :)

emperordaniel: Thanks again!

evanm1487: Most of the flora you see are Mediterranean farm fields, but the trees around the village are part of a god mod tree set by Marsh using Simfox's trees, which is available here: http://www.simtropolis.com/forum/journals/1490/entry-10068-flora-work-in-al-aauim/

Hope that helps, and thank you all for your comments. :)

Share this comment