• Entries
  • Comments
  • Views

Bandar Sabah International Airport

Sign in to follow this  
Sky Guy

Welcome back. Thanks for the comments. Today we look at the Capital, Bandar Sabah's, airport. Enjoy:

Picture1.jpg

BandarSabahNorth-Sep12021313370163.jpg

BandarSabahNorth-Aug23021313370076.jpg

A Diagram giving some information about the Terminal and Surrounding Area

AirportDiagram.jpg

capital-Apr16071313380921.jpg

A small Mosiac of the airport during a light drizzle.

AirportOverviewA.jpgAirportOverviewB.jpgAirportOverviewC.jpg

And finally an overview

AirportOverview.jpg

Replies

10000000000000: Thank you, hope you like it.

Fox: Thanks for the nice comment. :)

Towedude: Thanks, It was my first try at a rainy photo, and Im glad you liked it. 8)

Escilnavia: Thank you, ya I have seen your's around, but I will have to take a closer look now that I have more time. ;)

Adrianor: Thanks, haha yeah I was surprised I won even one round lol :lol:

Evillians: Thank you for the warm welcome, I am glad to back (at least for a while) :yes:

111222333444: Oh you guys didn't need to throw a party for little ole me! :blush: haha thanks

Tankmank: Thanks, I hope it turns out good, I want it to be a little different, but similar enough that I know what I'm doing haha :P

Sign in to follow this  

15 Comments

Recommended Comments

I absolutely love that railway line - awesome. :P
The image of the plane flying over the city is spectacular too, I really like the photoshopping and the narration. Keep it up!

Share this comment

The first pic and the mosaic are really good. :) I think you were attempting to add different textures to the gates as you might find at a real airport (like this)
[img]http://www.coolest-traveling.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/07/the-amsterdam-airport-schiphol.jpg[/img]

Share this comment

Even though I find it is a quite short runway; I think you've made a great job overall. The different sets of terminals used helps a lot to give the sensation the airport was made in several stages as you intended. I'm not a fan of trying to make the jetways texture uneven because it won't look as well as in real life, but good try on it.

Oh, and I see how you've suffered the One Tile Gap in the Runway Problem, how annoying!! I always disguise it as you've done here...

Share this comment

Wow, good job, specially the picture with plane flying over the city. I also like how you showed us an overview of the area, not many people do that as they tend to hide other stuff...including me, hehe. Btw, where did you get terminal one?

Share this comment

Great work! But I don't like the top two planes in the 3rd image. They look too bright, might want to use something else.

Share this comment

Quick Replies:

[b]Thomas:[/b] Thanks, I am glad that you like it. If you say its good, then I guess I'm doin' something right :P
[b]10000 (etc):[/b] Thanks, yeah thats what I was going for, but I might have gone a little overboard. :dead:
[b]TekindusT:[/b] Thanks, yeah, I wanted the old, rundown, small, overcrowded feel, so thats why I did the shorter runway and he textures. Oh and good to know that I'm not the only one who has to disguise it (I might make a lot in LE)
[b]Adrianor:[/b] Thanks, but I still am hiding things (notice the black :P) The terminal is part of [url="http://www.simtropolis.com/forum/files/file/16221-ace-modular-airport-base-pack/"]THIS[/url] kit (I think)
[b]Escilnavia: [/b]Thank you, no only like 1/2-2/3 of a large tile (I dont like the massive ones) :)
[b]Evillions:[/b] Thanks, hehe ya I haven't worked with photoshop a whole lot haha. :uhm:

Share this comment

Looks awesome Sky Guy, I never knew you had a new journal :P And I think of it the same as Bangorai'... one worth following :D

Share this comment

[font="Comic Sans MS"][b][img]http://img199.imageshack.us/img199/733/bestofthebestsmall.jpg[/img]
[size="2"]CONGRATULATIONS!! THIS ENTRY WON [url="http://www.simtropolis.com/forum/journals/2774/entry-12866-week-2-82211-82811/"]BEST OF THE BEST! - WEEKLY EDITION[/url] FOR THE CATEGORY [i][color="#0000FF"]TRANSPORTATION[/color][/i] [/b][/size][/font]

Share this comment

@ Andresta: Thanks, For the diagonal rail, I used an older method, but now there is the Diagonal Bridge Enabler (DBE) from NAM, and you can do the same thing.I think there was a news article on the homepage that links to it- good luck! ;)

Also, about the trees, just do a search on the STEX for tropical, or palms, etc and you should get a lot of results ;)

Share this comment