• Entries
  • Comments
  • Views

Delta Flight 56

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Ace3

avenesiabanner.jpg

Ok, for a permanent alternative to the old way of replying, I decided to pay a bit more homage to the commenters and create this. It is not as much to encourage you to comment, as it is to thank you for taking your time to do so. If this was your first comment on the CJ your username and reply will appear black. As you continue to comment, the color will change to red and work its way around the rainbow. For example, escilnavia has commented on several entries. His username and reply appears orange because of that. It's simply an extended form of thanking you guys.

replies.jpg

Now without further ado, here is Delta Flight 56 (It's a story with some pictures)! Enjoy!

flashbanner.jpg

Angelina Parker was a common flyer. Today she was on a trip to see her cousin in Genamai. She had specifically chosen Air Transat flight 21 not because of the low business class fares, but simply because it was scheduled to depart from Gate 1. This was very helpful since she hated walking through the bustling airport crowd after passing Domestic Security; it was just too low class. Nevertheless, all had gone well and she now sat comfortably in her reclining seat sipping iced tea. The plane slowly backed out of the gate.

firstjg.jpg

Usually she wouldn’t take notice, but Angelina realized after 10 minutes, the plane was still sitting a mere 30 yards from the gate. The pilot’s voice came on the intercom. “Ladies and Gentlemen, we are sorry for the inconvenience, it seems we have a right engine failure and won’t be able to make the flight. You will be transferred to Delta Flight 56 at Gate 3. Once again, we apologize.” That just about ruined her day. A staircase was pulled alongside the plane and Angelina climbed down into a bus. She was shuttled to the terminal next to angry tourists. Angelina was the forced to walk down the full 30 yards to Gate 3.

gate.jpg

The plane’s business class was better than the Air Transat’s, but it didn’t make up for those 30 yards of walking through whining children, and people struggling with bags as big as refrigerators. The plane wasted no time pulling out of the gate. It wasn’t scheduled for this flight, but the pilots had agreed if they were paid extra. She had been assured at entrance that her bags would be safely transferred.

taxibeg.jpg

As the plane taxied, the usual safety video played. She wasn’t sitting next to anyone, and that was comforting with all the troubles the day had brought. Takeoff was quite smooth. She was soon fast asleep.

takeoffd.jpg

takeoff1z.jpg

2 hours later she was awaken by an attendant. “Would you like anything to eat?” the attendant asked. She ordered some lasagna and diet coke. The TV was now displaying flight information, which was helpful.

maptt.jpg

flighttv.jpg

After that, a movie played. She plugged in her headphones and enjoyed the lasagna and her coke. The rest of the flight went by rather quick. “Ladies and Gentlemen, please fasten your seatbelt, return your seats to the upright position, and stow away your tray tables. We’ll be landing shortly. Thank you”

landingm.jpg

The plane’s landing was very soft. The reverse thrust was engaged along with the spoilers.

reversethrust.jpg

“Ladies and Gentlemen, it is 5:52 in Xaviertun with 10 mph winds and a temperature of 86 degrees Fahrenheit. We hope you enjoyed your flight and that you will consider Delta when choosing future flights. Please remain seated with your seatbelts fastened until the plane has come to a complete stop at the gate. ”The plane smoothly taxied to the gate and the seat belt sign was switched off.

exitrunway.jpg

gate2.jpg

Now she had to make the transition to her next flight. Xaviertun’s terminals were also crowded, but at least there were moving walkways.

americangarudagate.jpg

proppark.jpg

She took a bus from Terminal 1 to Terminal 2. Angelina then walked to the help desk. “May I help you?” asked the Clerk. She responded, “I would like to change my flight from Jet Airways Flight 71 to Delta Flight 346 to Genamai.”

“You will have to wait a couple of hours, and I don’t see why you would want to make that transition.”

“That’s all right, and believe me , there is a reason I want to make the transition, can I spend my time in the Delta lounge?”

“Certainly.”

________________________________________________________________________________________

I hope you enjoyed. As always, comments and ratings are appreciated.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

4 Comments

Just an amazing entry. Yeah, flying is nice... I really felt like I was the one flying as I read the entry. You gave an amazing flight experience. 5 out of 5!

Share this comment