Selbring County

• Entries
  • Comments
  • Views

Selbring North | Shining Beacon

Huston

selbringbannerintro.jpg

Welcome back to the City of poison, it has been actually 8 days since acid rain had struck the town, luckily it didn't last and did minimum damage. You know not all districts in the city are dirty and old, in fact some areas a 'Shinning beacon' of wealth, and occasionally, Oppression. Many are intimidated by these areas, where most are not allowed within 20 feet of the building, and there'd always be complaints and even violence in these areas. But today is just a simple and normal day, where the sky is yellow and the factories blow out carbon dioxide. Yep. Today is Oh'so normal. Here's another update to 'die' for in this god forsaken wasteland. Here we are at Selbring North.

6045467268_1cc93b0aa2_z.jpg

Today we visit the highly anticipated district of Selbring North, where most people are intimidated by some of the local businessmen and architecture. This town was always a poor and yet somewhat a goldmine for the unemployed, but everyone here was very well underpaid. You'd have to be really desperate to work here.

6044919373_eddd794b07_z.jpg

But there are upsides, nearby there are a few fast food restaurants, almost all parts of the city harbor these in-expensive heavenly delights.A Subway here, a Taco bell there, and a McDonald's almost everywhere...

6044918967_16391f68b9_z.jpg

Implied many times, factories line the city in the most bizarre locations, your backyard, that old basketball court and even on the other side of that bedroom wall! I wasn't kidding when I meant that this place was a toxic nightmare. A noisy wasteland if you would as well...

6044920867_6127bea80c_z.jpg

One of the more intimidating yet prestigious structures here are the Auburn and Greene Associates tower which stand as the more dominant towers in the city, towers like these are scattered everywhere in this city. No rules against structural height, no restrictions, none at all.

6045468824_f60243f0ab_z.jpg

It's nightfall and the most intimidating and yet prized building in Selbring North is the Selbring County Times. Such a beautiful modern structure doesn't belong here, and yet, the idiots at the Selbring County Times thought is would be nice to build in the city rather then in the cleaner outskirts.

6044919817_b813402394_b.jpg

The owner of the company is wealthy, in fact his family is one of the most despised people in the City. This building is the representation of their wealth, some who wish they'd have that life rather suffering badly for a better one then their current. Standing tall in the entire city, immensely tall amongst a dwarf of apartments and fast food eateries.

6045469154_5ea642a2b8_z.jpg

Here in this neighborhood is yet another factory, also part dwelling for many who can't afford to be a tenant in the more higher standard (But still sub-standard) housing which surround them.

Thanks for viewing folks!

15 Comments

Recommended Comments

Incredible images. But for all those who work in that building, is there a safe place to park? Or do they use the train? If they're on the train, is [i]that [/i]safe? If this is anything like Detroit...

Share this comment

Awesome :0 keep up the great work. Also where did you find that beautiful art deco building in the picture about no height restrictions.

Share this comment

Man, I think you're inventing a new genre with this CJ. We all know the ol' good gritty style, but IMO it just doesn't fit with this CJ; as not everything is gritty here (the Selbring County Times building and a couple more).

Instead, you could say this is a kind of neo-steampunk CJ, because it depicts very steampunk stuff but without all the Victorian and 19th century stuff, bringing it to our days.

Still looking for a name for this style while watching in wonder your work.

Share this comment

ick, more of the dirty ol' Selbring city? I hope I dan't get asthma just from the pictures!

iTS AMAZING ;D :thumb: :thumb: :thumb:

Share this comment

Love your CJ, very well composed choice of bats and impressive photoshop skills! Just one tiny request, could you perhaps post links to full resolution mosaics? I just like to scroll around in a picture as if it was in-game, especially yours :ohyes:
Other than that I'm looking forward to the next entry, keep up the good work :thumb:

Share this comment

[font="Comic Sans MS"][b][img]http://img199.imageshack.us/img199/733/bestofthebestsmall.jpg[/img]
[size="2"]CONGRATULATIONS!! THIS ENTRY WON [url="http://www.simtropolis.com/forum/journals/2774/entry-12866-week-2-82211-82811/"]BEST OF THE BEST! - WEEKLY EDITION[/url] FOR THE CATEGORIES [i][color="#0000FF"]ATMOSPHERIC AND JAW DROPPING[/color][/i] [/b][/size][/font]

Share this comment

Wow this is amazing work, great job with the picture editing and the design of your cities!! Truly spectacular!

Share this comment