Baychester

Sign in to follow this  
  • Entries
  • Comments
  • Views

Easton: Easton National Forest

Sign in to follow this  
turdferguson1

First of all, thank you for putting up with that text only post, I promise there will be pictures on this post.

I need to clarify one thing, the location of this fictitious american metropolis. Baychester lies around where New London, Connecticut is. This does not reflect in the map I used (sorry), it just is arbitrary because I wanted it to lie between New York and Boston.

To begin, I'll be starting in the inner suburb of Easton. Backing right into this fine town is Easton National Forest (original, Right?). What is original however, is the National Forest's location. at its closest, the forest is less than ten miles away from Baychester city limits. This gives the forest not only a unique location, but also a unique set of problems as we'll see.

Just a short drive away from Baychester on Interstate 97 is the entrance to the national forest scenic highway. To make the forest stay truly pristine, the park service decided to build the highway and ban all pedestrian and vehicle traffic elsewhere in the forest unless a special permit is applied for. It may seem draconian, but it seems to have worked.

ESHentrance.jpg

The scenic highway snakes around the forested hills and provides a wonderful day trip opportunity for the people of Baychester.

ESH.jpg

Even though the protection measures have been enacted to protect the forest, its proximity to civilization has hurt it through the ages. atop one of the small hills, trees have been killed by acid rain that has formed from the high car traffic through the forest, the industrial output of Baychester, and from the industries of New England.

ESFacidrain.jpg

However, for those lucky enough to earn a pass, the shore of Lake Easton is easily accessible even though there aren't any real trails around the forest.

EastonNationalForest-LakeEaston.jpg

And just to drive in the fact that this is a unique forest, I've got a picture showing how close the park is to civilization.

ESFproximity.jpg

the little dish in the bottom right corner is a bit of high tech industry that is literally a few hundred yards from the national forest.

Thats all for today, since it is after 1 AM, I think I'll be getting some rest.

Sign in to follow this  

7 Comments

Recommended Comments

CP tree controller's lodgepole pines are the really skinny ones, but the tree controller is responsible for almost every tree type you see on the update

Share this comment