• Entries
  • Comments
  • Views

Moritz - Laupen - The Walled City

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Amerikaner

banner-5.jpg

Welcome to the small village of Laupen, the political center of Die Untere Hochland. The only canton with a direct form of democracy, members of the village and surrounding area meet once a week on Saturday afternoons to discuss local politics and to vote on measures, resolutions, and laws.

This alone is a popular tourist attraction, and has lead to the building of a new train station in the newer part of the village.

GHSR.jpg

The GHSR is the national high speed rail company that links the capitol (St. Gallen) with fringe settlements in the nation, along with direct lines to Munich, Zurich, Frankfurt, and Paris.

8-2.jpg

7-2.jpg

6-7.jpg

5-7.jpg

4-8.jpg

3-9.jpg

2-1-1.jpg

1-1-1.jpg

Still surrounded by the walls that were built to protect it, Laupen is a major tourist attraction in the nation. With many historical charters and resolutions in place, the village has been able to keep it's authentic look that predates the 1700's. The city's main cathedral was built in 1803, and is considered to be one of the finest pieces of architecture in the nation.

Gallen_National_Bank.jpg

Built in 1816, the Bank des Hochlandes is one of the most important sources of jobs in the nation. Although the bank has since moved it's headquarters to St. Gallen, there is still a major branch open in the city. Today Bank des Hochlandes has locations in Switzerland, Austria, Italy, and southern Germany.

ninosrat and Hellken like this
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

9 Comments

Lovely, hun! I [i]love[/i] the building that replaced those apartments that you had in the earlier version, much better!
Amerikaner likes this

Share this comment

[color=#3D3A37][font='Open Sans', Tahoma, Geneva, helvetica, arial, sans-serif][size=3]

[color=#58534B]
Delicious mosaic![/color][/size][/font][/color]
Amerikaner likes this

Share this comment