• Moose
  • Entries
  • Comments
  • Views

Chapter Twelve: A Day in the Office

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
nedal2001

Ray took a sip of water and sat down on his chair, fidgeting a bit with the height before getting fully comfortable. He felt good – his new office had gone a long way in helping control his businesses. He had two employees in his office; Brett Bion, his assistant, and Pristine Homestead, his accountant. The latter was the sister of Bartlett Homestead, one of the few educated people in town, whom Ray had now given the task of handling his accounts. He had three businesses: Ray Farms, Ray Fisheries, and Ray Properties, all consolidated under the Ray Black Group. He was the biggest employer in town, and owned all the land the town was situated on. He was also the leader of the whole movement of Wildbank, and Tiberius Driver was his right hand man.

Pristine had not been working at Ray’s offices long, but she already had the respect of the man, and truth be told, perhaps even more than that. She was a relatively tall woman, standing at about five foot and ten inches, and could be explained as having a curvy body. She was widely considered the prettiest woman in Wildbank, as well as one of the most well-mannered people, period. She was positive and possessed a very calm aura about her, which was probably what attracted Ray to her. He was a man haunted by all the negativity he had faced in his life, and to feel such a positive vibe left him longing for it more. He had not made any official moves of courtship yet, but Pristine felt his interest, and was waiting for him approach her. She saw potential in him for greatness, and saw beyond his trouble exterior and into his sweet, caring heart.

Brett walked in, catching Ray off guard staring at Pristine, and presented him with a folder.

Ray Black: “What’s this?”

Brett Bion: “It’s the proposal from Derek Light.”

Ray Black: “For the fueling station?”

Brett Bion: “That’s the one. He figures most of the traffic comes from the north down onto Cross Street, so his proposal asks for the land to be given just outside of town on the road to the north.”

Ray Black (eyeing Brett): “You opened it and read it?”

Brett Bion (realizing what he said, then gets nervous): “Y…Yes sir…I’m sorry, I was just curious to see what he had laid out in his plan.”

Ray Black (sighing, and continues to eye Brett): “So tell me, what do you think, then?”

Brett Bion: “I think it would be great for the town. I’ve been noticing a large increase in the number of motors and vehicles that have been rolling in. I think we need it.”

Ray Black: “Ok then, give me the paper to sign the approval. He’ll get his land, and tell him he can begin construction tomorrow, on one condition – he employs men from inside the town.”

Brett Bion: “Got it, sir.”

e2c6r.jpg

The land before the construction of the fueling station, looking north.

e2c6afterconstructionof.jpg

After the construction of the fueling station.

e2c6wildbank.jpg

An aerial view of Wildbank.

1 person likes this
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

2 Comments