• Entries
  • Comments
  • Views

Picture This

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Schulmanator

cjmastheadtr1.jpg

In the midst of a war not far to the east, a new town begins along the border between New Atkinos and East Atkinos, north of the regional capital of West Forest. The new town grew quickly thanks to the presence of BFA and Schulminion military camps. The site sits astride a crucial supply route from Glenwood to the front. As with Cherohala (in East Tenne), the defining characteristic of the town is a central raised park. Here, the park serves two purposes. One is of course for the town’s recreational use. The other is as a well camouflaged ammunition and weapons storage facility. Fleet Captain Splunt commissioned this town specifically to his exacting specifications to serve as a critical component of the war effort.

nik-cityhall1.jpg

City Hall is one of the structures at The Focus, a circle at the eastern end of town. It is flanked by the Regional Military Command Center (left) and Wirtminster Abbey (right).

nik-college1.jpg

At the other end of town, White Stone College (WSC) offers a top notch education. And they are now accepting transfer students. So, if you want a good education in a great setting, apply now!

nik-college2bookstore.jpg

Across the street, the campus bookstore offers oh so much more than just books. You can get all sorts of fun WSC paraphernalia. Why not stop in today?

nik-collegead.jpg

So, what are you buying?

nik-museum1.jpg

Adjacent to WSC is the National Museum of Contemporary Imagery. Here, all sorts of great viewing of Schulmania’s top imagers can be found. And, the admission price is only 1 purr.

nik-park2.jpg

Clandestine Park is the centerpiece of town. I’ll bet you would never know there are over 1000 muskets and over 50 cannon stored inside there if I did not tell you.

nik-park3.jpg

The entrance is right under that staircase. Do you see it?

nik-park4.jpg

I heard that pond had an arm bearing a sword sticking out of it just five minutes ago. We just missed seeing it. I wonder what that was all about…

nik-park5.jpg

It looks like a great place for a cat nap

nik-retail1.jpg

Commerce abounds in Nikonia. Stores in Candles Corners do well, as do the small businesses located next door in the Cecil Office Building.

nik-retail2.jpg

Higher-end merchandise can be found on Simon Sidney Street. Boutiques such as The Catnippery and The Leftorium vie for shoppers’ schulmonetas with emporia like Mahuyide’s Coin Shop and the Mythbuster DIY Store.

nik-retail3.jpg

One unusual store is Maris’ House of Sensory Deprivation and Ocelot Accessories

nik-retail4.jpg

The Ducal Bank of East Atkinos also houses the Nikonian mint

seeMoreArchive.jpg

3rXU8c4Lsn1.png

.jpg

2 people like this
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

13 Comments

That is very nice> It is really great to cat-nap there
1 person likes this

Share this comment

This is a great update. Always nice to see a pleasant town far from the war. Honestly, I would love a WSC Jersey. Just for the kitty on it. :D
1 person likes this

Share this comment

Nice town, anyway what do Sensory Deprivation and Ocelot Accessories mean ?
1 person likes this

Share this comment

Ah, such great fun, a college town. I've always liked the raised parks, but can never seem to find enough places to use them without seeming like I'm over-using them, you know? And yeah, if you squint you can *just* about see the entrance to the armory. I'm sure Q will have our soldiers well-stocked and ready to roll for the next engagement with the enemy!
1 person likes this

Share this comment

[IMG]http://i189.photobucket.com/albums/z141/Schulmanator/2011%20Default/replies-bank.jpg[/IMG]

[b] [/b]

[b]REPLIES[/b]

[i]NOTE: All replies above this are now added to post count totals for rank and awards.[/i]

[b][color=blue]ImVhOzzi[/color][/b] [i]Tak![/i] And thank you for coming by. Your loyalty is greatly appreciated.

[b]Blink44Airwavez[/b] Thank you! And welcome to Schulmania. I am delighted you came and hope you will return again and see more of what we have to offer.

[b][color=blue]111222333444[/color][/b] Thanks! Come and enjoy the sun today.

[b][color=blue]Sgt Pepper[/color][/b] Done! The jersey is on its way… check your mailbox this afternoon.

[b][color=blue]Khai59[/color][/b] First, welcome to Schulmania. The sensory deprivation and ocelots are at Maris’ store. That’s a reference to [url="http://frasier.wikia.com/wiki/Maris_Crane"]Maris Crane[/url] from [i][url="http://www.google.com/url?sa=t&source=web&cd=1&ved=0CCEQFjAA&url=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.imdb.com%2Ftitle%2Ftt0106004%2F&rct=j&q=frasier&ei=CBobTun_GcTW0QGHx7WWBQ&usg=AFQjCNH9rtRwp8G9yamNYoAxwdEZnJirJw&cad=rja"]Frasier[/url][/i], who was into those and many other strange things.

[b][color=blue]NMUSpidey[/color][/b] You betcha! We’ll get out the big bugg zappers![b][color=blue][/color][/b]

[b][color=blue] [/color][/b]

[b][color=blue]Escilnavia[/color][/b] [i]Obrigado![/i] Your kind words are appreciated.

[b][color=blue]Animaniacs[/color][/b] Thanks; it sort of is. Mostly British but I threw in a block or two of ther as sort of a test for a future city.

[right][right] [/right][/right]
[right][right][Volume 3 Update #173][/right][/right]

Share this comment

[IMG]http://i189.photobucket.com/albums/z141/Schulmanator/2011%20Default/replies-bank.jpg[/IMG]

[b] [/b]

[b]REPLIES[/b]

[i]NOTE: All replies above this are now added to post count totals for rank and awards.[/i]

[b][color=blue]Leech10[/color][/b] At long last, the next update is on the way!

Share this comment

Again great update, i like the use of trees and raised parks, can't wait for more!
1 person likes this

Share this comment

[b] [/b]

[b]REPLIES[/b]

[b][color=blue]9988[/color][/b] [i]Dakujem![/i] I am glad you liked this one.

Share this comment