• Moose
  • Entries
  • Comments
  • Views

Castle River

paeng

Pack your lunch box - long ride ahead...

This was a rather difficult tile to work with, lots of steep terrain and no room to work along the river banks... it's a mainly scenic tile - aside from some farms there is no industry, the 3500 residents commute to the western neighbor for industrial jobs. The small commercial units scattered among the residential sites cater mostly to the tourists and are mainly small B'n'B hotels, restaurants and shops.

So just get on a boat or a bus and enjoy the sights...

ca-riv01.jpg

ca-riv02.jpg

ca-riv03.jpg

ca-riv04.jpg

ca-riv05.jpg

ca-riv06.jpg

ca-riv07.jpg

ca-riv08.jpg

ca-riv09.jpg

ca-riv10.jpg

ca-riv11.jpg

ca-riv12.jpg

ca-riv13.jpg

ca-riv14.jpg

ca-riv15.jpg

ca-riv16.jpg

ca-riv17.jpg

ca-riv18.jpg

ca-riv19.jpg

ca-riv20.jpg

ca-riv21.jpg

ca-riv_mos02.jpg

ca-riv_mos01.jpg

ca-riv22.jpg

ca-riv23.jpg

ca-riv24.jpg

ca-riv25.jpg

ca-riv26.jpg

Hope you enjoyed the sights :-)

8 people like this

23 Comments

Stunning... and inspiring! [img]http://www.simtropolis.com/forum/public/style_emoticons/default/44.gif[/img] (I keep trying to 'scroll' your pictures!)

Do you even have any Maxis content left in your plugins folder? [img]http://www.simtropolis.com/forum/public/style_emoticons/default/6.gif[/img] [img]http://www.simtropolis.com/forum/public/style_emoticons/default/9.gif[/img]

As always, looking forward to what you come up with next!

Cheers.

Share this comment

I wanna play SimCity 4 now! Amazing work - you managed to build on a hard tile better than I've ever seen.

Share this comment

Thanks for commenting :-)

Gringa - yeah, I actually still have most Maxis stuff right here... I'm only blocking low wealth RES and COM... though defaults tend to lose against the brilliant custom Bats (and my bulldozer) :evil: And other stuff doesn't show that much because I tend to keep my villages at mostly medium and some high wealth, while highrises are forbidden. ;)

Share this comment

[u][b]Beautiful![/b][/u]
I'm a huge medieval buff and these look just stunning, take my breath away. I really look forward to seeing future updates!

~Chris

Share this comment

your side walk textures are beautifully blended in the scenery, amazing my friend, brilliant!!!!

Share this comment

Wow absolutely stunning work, great job with the terraforming and variation!! That castle is amazing! :) And that footbridge as well. :thumb:

Share this comment

I think a boat ride, a tour of that castle, and a walk around town in the evening would make an amazing vacation. :)

Great work!

Share this comment

amazing i like those shots, oh btw what's the name of your pedmall tiles based on pictures 13,14,16?

Share this comment

Hey, thanks for all the nice comments... Glad you found your way here from the front page :-))

@Phlogiston: based on those numbers I guess you mean my [url="http://www.simtropolis.com/forum/files/file/25986-paengs-monument-park/"]'Monument Park'[/url]...

Share this comment

OMG It's so BEAUTIFUL !!! :thumb: I bow tackle this masterpiece !!

How long did you need to build it ?

Share this comment

[quote name='Bristore' timestamp='1310057608']How long did you need to build it?[/quote]

Hard to tell... actually putting together the (small) tile doesn't really take me that long... most time goes for all the preparations - deciding what items to use, tweaking the lots, terraforming and so on... :-)

Share this comment

such great work! I'm dying to know where you got those craftsman looking houses. I'm badly in need of more. Thanks!

Share this comment