• Entries
  • Comments
  • Views

Downtown Rail Station

Sign in to follow this  
sumwonyuno

Hello all,

Nope, rail is not the big anniversary surprise, but this is partially a teaser. :lol:

For my international and national friends out there, Oahu is building a 20-mile elevated rail system, from Kapolei to Ala Moana http://honolulutransit.org/. I recently went to two City workshops on transit oriented development (TOD) for the Kalihi and Downtown areas. The City has been hosting TOD workshops so that the neighborhoods will have a voice on what they want in future growth around the stations. (My blog posts here and here).

todkalihidowntownstations.jpg

Here's a picture I made of the Downtown rail station:

20110701.jpg

Enjoy!

Sign in to follow this  

5 Comments

Recommended Comments

Hm, i like the tan and orange image in the center, but it appears to not have any textures, just colour, but nice picture [img]http://www.simtropolis.com/forum/public/style_emoticons/default/1.gif[/img]

Share this comment

@YAC'ommunauté: Thanks for your comments! Yes, the red-orange building is untextured. It's meant to be a placeholder more than a finished product. I've been BATing buildings in Downtown, and I haven't gotten around to texturing that building. The building on the right is textured.

Share this comment

Sounds interesting. And I am eager to see more of your Honolulu buildings. Are you going to do the palace? It's a great building. :)

Share this comment

You should make a HART train to go with it. I thought the rail stations will have "arms" going out to support it. Can't wait for this rail project to be done! It is long overdue.

Share this comment

Yes, rapid transit is overdue for Oahu. :ooh:

I haven't done any BATs for the stations yet. They're going to take a lot of work: every station is unique, and they hang over roads.

Share this comment