• Comments
  • Views

Downtown Terre Haute

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Wraner

Downtown Terre Haute

Wapahani Valley

The largest building booms in the city's history include the years 1637, 1878, and 1960 through to 1975. This can be clearly seen in the towers that dominate the city's skyline. The Verizon Center was built in 1968 and was at the time the tallest building in the city. Many of the residents didn't like the style of the building for it to be a focal point.

The Bank of Terre Haute Tower began construction just three years after which excited the sims very much. The designs were for a tower which would dominate the skyline from all 360 degrees. The Bank of Terre Haute was established back in 1764 as the city's first bank. The tower had to emanate the bank's reputation and pride.

Cityb-1.png

Ontario Place (the building with a plaza) is owned by one of the largest corporations to ever come out of the Wapahani Valley. Ontario Systems is a software and hardware company that first got its start in the city of Tegel which is just north of Terre Haute. Tegel is the second most populous city in the region with right around 800,000 sims, but that is another City Journal.

Citye.png

The Eckerty building was built in 1984 and was built by the famous Alexandrian architect Jackson B. Eckerty. He was inspired while riding a train through a tunnel and thought what a marvelous experience it would be to drive under an office building. The Eckerty Building was the first to adopt this concept and is still to this day the only building to be built this way.

Cityc.png

The Ontario Place reflects the surrounding city off of its glimmering windows which have to be cleaned twice a week in order to retain their shine and shimmer. Many simsonians refer to the building as as the Mirror.

Underneath the building is the Ontario Place Mall which is one of the largest subterranean malls in the world, but once again that is another City Journal.

City.png

This has been the city of Terre Haute my friends and I hope you enjoyed it.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

8 Comments

Ok, I have added more of a story on which to build the world which I have created for you all to see.

I do hope you enjoy this journal!

Share this comment

Thank you.
So your saying that I should stay with this genre of City Journal?

American Cityscape?

Share this comment