• Moose
  • Entries
  • Comments
  • Views

Pasipalm- A whole new paradise!

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
deactivated-0111

Pasipalm is to be a resort town/city on the Pamsanda coast. Today, Pamsanda is a small island state in Oceania, owned by Australia and the US. In 1870, America settled on Hampaela, which is what the native Moriori called the island. The settlement, called Port Savisborough was a pitiful and weak town with only 500 people. The people had a port built, in hopes of luring business. Their hopes were crushed when in 1876 the port was burned away in a heavy storm.

By 1880 the town had virtually no food or weapons. People starved and attacks by Moriori were frequent. In 1882, to make matters worse, a strange plague washed over the town. This final blow decimated the town's population on 640 to just 43. The disease was further identified as Pyrocystic Edema, which causes red fluid and cysts to develop in the lungs.

In Septemeber of 1882, the town was a ruined, deserted mess. Over the course of 18 years fire, water, and wind eroded the ghost town to nothing but the ground it lie on.

Not all was lost for Pamsanda. In February of 1900 the United States had built a stronger more stabile town on the former ground of Savisborough. The town was named Pasipalm, to invoke a calm and peacful feeling. Over the period of 10 years, Pasipalm grew into a bustling town of 1,500 people, with a stable farming economy, but unlike Carlaville, a nice tourism business. People started to come in 1908 to Pasipalm's beaches and lush forests.

Here's some pics :)

2-19-1900- Pasipalm is founded on the coast of Pamsanda:

Pasipalm-Feb18001309479985.png

4-26-1901- Tonw has a bunch of farms and about 153 people.

Pasipalm-Apr26011309480528.png

3-11-1907- More growth. Over the 7 years the population is now 584. An ind. park was built.

Pasipalm-Mar11071309481544.png

4-20-1908- A picture of Pasipalm's CBD. ;) Pop. 1,038 (a lot of development for one year)

Pasipalm-Apr20081309481799.png

4-25-1908- Pasi's beach developments. Pop. 1,038

Pasipalm-Apr25081309481847.png

2-9-1909- Beach and Pasipas Plaza are built, making the town more pretty and tourism-friendly. Pop. 1,233

Beach (right), Pasipas Plaza (left)

Pasipalm-Feb9091309491358.png

6-2-1910- A church is built on some farms. Pop. 1,552

Pasipalm-Jun2101309491664.png

So, what do you think? Please, please, please comment and tell me what you think!

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

8 Comments

It's very maxis, if not vanilla, the city itself seems calm, serein, I find it better than those all maxis metropolises with thousands of towers :dead:
1 person likes this

Share this comment

sine you enjoy small towns I would suggest finding rural schools, small churches, ploppable farm pieces maybe?

Also...

A more realistic water texture, power transformers, realistic looking trees.

I hope this doesn't seem like a lot but I guarantee you that these things will put you into a totally new world! The hardest one to find, I assure you, will be the rural school. I have only found one before.

Anyways, nice work :)

Share this comment

Good progress. Turn the U-drive-it mission icons off for better pictures.

Share this comment

I have a feeling that those crops will be very polluted due to the industrial park being so close.

Share this comment

Thanks for all your comments. So I'll be sure to get more realistic flora and buildings. (and Ill make sure to turn of U-Drove-it ;)

Share this comment

Good job! You should try out SAM. I think cobblestone or red streets would look magnificent in this town!

Share this comment

[quote name='10000000000000' timestamp='1309585392']
Good job! You should try out SAM. I think cobblestone or red streets would look magnificent in this town!
[/quote]

Ill look into that, thanks for the suggestion.

Share this comment