• Moose

Robenia

• Entries
  • Comments
  • Views

Robenia | Prosperity | HUGE Update!

Bipin

5882416826_d3d2ed1a09_b.jpg

I haven't been away from my first CJ, Robenia, without reason. After fixing some critical issues with two of my three functional computers, I've been back at it, building bigger; sprawling skyscrapers here, there and everywhere. The downtown area of Robenia, positioned within a Pinavia interchange, is where it's at now. As you'll soon see in this update, the majority of the CBD has been completed. Other areas will gain more focus in following updates, which you'll learn more about near the end of this post.

Enough with the talk though, lets get on to some pictures, all twelve of them! Get comfy, take a seat, relax and watch...

5881822291_461143de13_b.jpg

We return for another visit to Robenia, let's see what has changed since we were last here. That sign and those boats could be a hint.

5882389640_36f8e11515_b.jpg

Nice shiny new lane control gantry there... That should stop those Sims from running into the barriers ahead. 44.gif

5881831875_c4b8afe8f4_b.jpg

While we're at it, why not add another gantry; for metering, this time?

5882396106_e7d24f60ba_b.jpg

With Robenia on its way to becoming a major city, architects and engineers made sure to design all aspects of the CBD to be compact and and well integrated with infrastructure as one can see here. This saves space and has less of a negative effect on the environment. Something a model city should be concerned about.

5881838257_1184966c94_b.jpg

Not only did engineers integrate buildings into the infrastructure, they also included natural settings within the CBD/island area. This has many positives, including absorbing CO2 emissions,

5882400250_de123c8575_b.jpg

Yet another metering station, a fixture that will become common for all of the major onramps in the Robenia region.

5882402230_41c4b7eee2_b.jpg

Continuing along the primary ring of the Pinavia, we find ourselves on the other side of Robenia's CBD/island. The Pinavia ring road passes over a sunken network terminating at the core of the CBD, Perhaps theres more to learn in the next picture.

5881846161_9ef03903c2_b.jpg

As an alternative to taking a ramp to one of the surface roads beside, drivers can chose to continue on this sunken network, connecting directly to the surface RHW-10 spreading out in 3 directions from the Robenia CBD. This particular stretch of RHW-10 that the sunken network is connected to, heads right into the residential regions of Robenia. How come such a large network would have to cut right through the CBD, and how come the network is even sunken? It's as if someone would want to put a runway over top that freeway...

5882404332_17ebb8989e_b.jpg

Well, it appears we have nearly completed our tour of Robenia's Pinavia/ring road. We're back to where we started the beginning of this update.

5882409082_5e90edc20e_b.jpg

I'd say that calls for a couple overview shots!

5882416692_98b6edba6f_b.jpg

It seems Robenia really is prospering!

I hope you tune in next time, and I hope you enjoy this update. I put a lot of hard work into it, and made sure to create the layout of this metropolis with the utmost care and attention to detail. Comments are, as always, more than welcome! 17.gif

Update:

- The roads of Robenia need naming! Suggest names for the stretch of avenue in the CBD, the sunken network, and six different names for the roads of the CBD.

- Feel free to suggest buildings for the CBD. If the building is picked, it will be named after you!

korver and pielover94 like this

7 Comments

[img]http://www.simtropolis.com/forum/public/style_emoticons/default/6.gif[/img][img]http://www.simtropolis.com/forum/public/style_emoticons/default/6.gif[/img][img]http://www.simtropolis.com/forum/public/style_emoticons/default/6.gif[/img]

Share this comment

I like the city but I have to bust your chops about spelling and messed up words. It bothers me when there are problems with grammar and spelling. so if you don't mind could you fix that?

Share this comment

[quote name='Wraner' timestamp='1309316467']
I like the city but I have to bust your chops about spelling and messed up words. It bothers me when there are problems with grammar and spelling. so if you don't mind could you fix that?
[/quote]

I was forced to use the on-screen keyboard, which is why there are grammatical issues. It's hard to use and I had no keyboard at the time.

Share this comment