• Moose
  • Entries
  • Comments
  • Views

Kandatuu Lighthouse

wallacet

lighthouse.png

I'm back with a small update to keep you guys on your toes, after a brief hiatus to focus on modeling. ;) But here we go.

The Kandatuu lighthouse was erected in 1961 by the local Okumarans, as many ships that sailed past the southern tip of the island found themselves caught upon the rocky shoals close to shore. Many millions of dollars in cargo, and much more that value in human life was lost at sea due to the numerous shipwrecks. It was decided to erect a lighthouse with a beacon that would shine across the globe. The Kandatuu lighthouse, still to this day, boasts the brightest beacon in the world. It can be seen from over 40 nautical miles away.

bodien.jpg

During the day, it serves as a reminder of human strength to the Okumarans, and as a landmark to local fisherman sailing around the island. It still stands strong after 50 years of being battered by winds, sea, and rain. The Kandatuu family has manned the lighthouse for 50 years, and have said they plan to do so for many more years to come.

bodietop.jpg

bodiebottom.jpg

The beauty of the area is unsurpassed, for sure. Because of such, it is a popular tourist stop, and many people on the island get married on the cliffs nearby. May the lighthouse shine on for many years to come.

Slashback likes this

15 Comments

Alejandro: The paths I downloaded a while back...they are bike paths that you can plop from the flora menu. I am at a loss as to where I downloaded them from though. :|

Share this comment

Great update, it really showcases your new lighthouse well. Also that's the best use of the lens flare/gradient flare effect I've ever seen (I'm normally not a big fan but it's just perfect there).

@ Alejandro24 - I think those are from chrisadams on the BSC LEX--something to do with RRP (Rural renewal project)
wallacet likes this

Share this comment

[quote name='wallacet' timestamp='1309471898']
its not a modd... its just photoshopped :yes:
[/quote]

Ah well brilliant work!
wallacet likes this

Share this comment

Is that soft glow an effect added in Photoshop or some miraculous setting I failed to notice in the game?

And what sort of hardware do you have that enables you to have shadows on??!?!
wallacet likes this

Share this comment

xesolor: It's a photoshop effect. And my hardware is nothing special. Just whatever came with my laptop. It was made 2 years ago

Share this comment

I really like the simplicity of it...most CJ-ers overwhelm their nature areas with tons of flora...you used just enough for my taste :D btw that lighthouse is a ploppable prop am i right? :D
wallacet likes this

Share this comment

De Ja Vu: The lighthouse is a landmark BAT that I made, you can find it here if interested: http://www.simtropolis.com/forum/files/file/26403-bodie-island-lighthouse/

Thank you for your comment :D

Share this comment