• Moose

Insulo and Kaskaskia

• Entries
  • Comments
  • Views

Jonesboro: Glance at Edenderry

2b2gbi

Hello again everyone, this is the first real update in my side project, Jonesboro. I've tweaked the formula to have a lot less text, so without further ado:

The first Image is of Liberty Boulevard cutting through the heart of Edenderry. The wide parkway in this picture is based on the Parkways in Kansas City, Missouri. The rest of the scene is influenced primarily by urban areas in the states of Missouri and Illinois.

edenderryteaser.jpg

Here we see some rowhouses in Edenberry. This area was influenced my many larger American cities with rowhouses, though most of the actual models used are typical of Baltimore.

edenderry1.jpg

This image shows a wealthier are of Edenderry, Millionaire Row along Washing ton Avenue, which is the street seen horizontally. This is based rather specifically off of Millionaire Row in Cairo, Illinois, with some additional influence from areas in Kansas City.

edenderry2.jpg

The next picture depicts another scene with rowhouses, as well as some small commercial, along Liberty Boulevard. This image has the same influences as the other picture of rowhouses

edenderry3.jpg

The last picture is of Thames Street crossing I-257 with the interchange built to give Edenderry better access to the freeway system. This is influenced by urban freeways in Kansas City and other cities in the Midwest.

edenderry4.jpg

I hope you enjoyed this, I put a lot of work into it. Next update may be of Edenderry or another area of Jonesboro, or possibly even a jump back to Insulo. You'll have to wait to know, as I haven't made up my mind yet.

-Jon

9 people like this

21 Comments

where'd you get that triangular building with the coca cola billboard in the 1st picture?
1 person likes this

Share this comment

[b][u]Replies:[/u][/b]

[b]Jorge_carrillo:[/b] It's gray on purpose, I've edited it to make it look more dirty and dilapidated.
[b]Molooo:[/b] Thank you very much. :)
[b]Schulmanator:[/b] Thank you, I'm glad you like the effect:)
[b]111222333444:[/b] Thank you very much. :)
[b]turdferguson1:[/b] I can't tell you here, check your PM's.

Share this comment

Very nicely done with the MMP's and the trees. I like all of it. The way that MIS goes up the slope between the retaining walls is really great. And that gray bleak look is fantastic!
1 person likes this

Share this comment

Very nice pictures.
Question: which retaining walls are these in the last image? the look great, plain and simple.
1 person likes this

Share this comment

you are right, it does resemble baltimore. except for the whole not being built up steep rolling hills.

Share this comment

Great work! Love the detail, especially the MMPs. But makes me sad to be an American. You said it's an American city. Haha, all the more proof you rock the grubby look. Keep it up! :thumb:
1 person likes this

Share this comment

looks pretty cool.
by the way where you get the concrete retaining walls in the last pic?
1 person likes this

Share this comment

i like. Where did you get the large building on the corner in pic # 4 and I also would like to know info about the Coca Cola building
1 person likes this

Share this comment

Awesome! Looks very realistic. I would recommend this mod though, to have more realistic highways. [url="http://http://www.simtropolis.com/forum/files/file/21189-rhw-lights-and-barriers/"]RHW Lights and Barriers[/url]

Share this comment