• Entries
  • Comments
  • Views

Update 28 | Return To Athanos

chpbrownlee

silhouette1.png

Return To Athanos

Update 28

Welcome back guys, sorry about the prolonged absence of my updates, but I've been quite busy and also I had to completely rebuild Athanos after an unfortunate save during a period of time when the water and power was off, so... that caused a very.... dilapidated city.

But DO NOT FEAR! I've rebuilt a newer, and better Athanos! So, here we go.

First, I will show you the location of Posillipo, and then Athanos.

On this map, you can see Posillipo on the continent of Althena, it is highlighted in Orange. This map was made by _marsh_ and is home to USNW's member nations. Click for full size.

political_map_v.2.jpg

This is the location of Athanos with in Posillipo. Click for full size.

locationofathanos.png

Now, I'll hand you over to your guide.

Bonjour, mesdames et messieurs. I'm Châtele, and I'll be your guide today, and we will be boarding the helicopter momentarily, but first I'd like to thank you for coming on this tour with me, and I hope you enjoy it.

Looks like the pilot's ready, why don't we go a ahead and board, and get started with our tour.

Alright, we're off. We'll start off with the government centers, first is the Capitol building. This building was built in the early 18th century, as part of the capital project. This project was started by King Charles V.

capitolh.jpg

Image One: The Capitol Building

Next, we'll venture over the cobblestone streets to two more renaissance-era buildings, the Senate building and the National Assembly building, the buildings were built as twins.

senate.jpg

Image Two: The Senate Building

nationalassembly.jpg

Image Three: The National Assembly Building

Onward we go, to the Royal Palace, home to Her Majesty, the Queen of Posillipo. A little information for you, Her Majesty has over 15 Palaces across the country and her other dominions, and she also owns many residences to her self, were as the other palaces belong to the state. Also for use by the Sovereign, are many vacations residences and apartments across the globe.

royalpalace.jpg

Image Four: The Royal Palace

Next, on our tour, we will view the oldest church in the city, Saint Étienne Basilica, also home to many of the tombs of the past royals.

saintetienne.jpg

Image Five: Saint Étienne Basilica

As we carry on, the oldest remaining capitol building of Posillipo, and there are many, is this one, the Original Capitol Building.

theoldcapital.jpg

Image Six: The Old Capitol

Many countries have embassies in Posillipo, but the most important, and closest friend of Posillipo is Insulo.

insulonianembassy.jpg

Image Seven: The Insulonian Embassy

Home to the highest court in the realm, is the Supreme Court Building.

supremecourts.jpg

Image Eight: The Supreme Court Building

Next up, is the National Library, home to all of the historic documents that are important to the Posilliponian people.

nationallibrary.jpg

Image Nine: The National Library

Also on our itinerary is the Ministral Complex, home to Her Majesty's Ministries and also many embassies from Posillipo's closest friends and allies.

ministralcomplex.jpg

Image Ten: The Ministral Complex

Now, we will head into the City Centre, home to many of the wealthiest businesses on Adonia.

citycentrer.jpg

Image Eleven: The City Centre.

Do you need to get somewhere fast? Like, really fast? Well, hope on a train at the Central Station.

lagaredecapital.jpg

Image Twelve: La Gare De Capital

Want to take a bird's eye view of the city, get on the elevator and ride to the top of the Observation Tower.

tourdelobservation.jpg

Image Thirteen: Tour De l'observation

Last but not least on our tour, a night's view of the City Centre, I hope you enjoyed our tour, I know I did, come visit us again.

visitathanos.jpg

Image Fourteen: City Centre Shot 2

I hope everyone enjoyed this update, I know I enjoyed making it. :) If you have the time, please leave me a little comment below, like my cj, and rate it, also tell your friends! I'd really appreciate it.

-Chip

18 Comments

Wow, from the first time I've meet you, you had the best stuff. And now I've seen since I've been gone (yes I am back) that you've improved significantly.. GREAT JOB!!! :thumb:
chpbrownlee likes this

Share this comment

this is absolutely amazing chip !!
you continue to grow in leaps and bounds..
I honestly know of no other CJ better than what you have going here..
there are trixies in your future my friend

Brian
chpbrownlee likes this

Share this comment

I would just like to say this is an amazing city! I truly love all these magnificent buildings! I was just wondering what game system you used? For example Sim City 4, Sim City 4 Delux Edition? And again I would just like to say absolutely beautiful and truly a master piece of a city.
chpbrownlee likes this

Share this comment