• Entries
  • Comments
  • Views

Watching trains go by

TekindusT

Comment Replies

Afanado: ¡Gracias por comentar!

epigone: Thank you for commenting!

figgyx2: Thanks for commenting, I also think it adds a cool touch!

spursrule14: Thank you for commenting! We haven't got aliens here, but hope you like it!

Alejandro24x2: ¡Gracias por comentar! No era sólo por la escala de temperatura, también por el criterio de falla de materiales y el ciclo termodinámico de Rankine... It wasn't only by the Rankine temperature scale, but also for the Rankine criteria in material fatigue and the Rankine cycle in thermodynamics...

Roberto Robatox2: Thank you for your comment! First question answered on the comments section, and as for the sewages, they can be found here [link].

GreekMan: Thanks for your comment!

packersfan: Thank you for your comment and your question! I answered it on the comments section.

hijodecordobax2: Gracias por comentar! A mí tampoco me acaba de convencer, pero no pude encontrar ninguna escuela más apropiado en el STEX/LEX. I'm not really convinced, but I couldn't fine any more appropiate one in the exchanges...

OrdinarySim: ¡Gracias por tu comentario, Ander! There's a reason why this factory hasn't been offshored: it is cheaper to pay its current workers... As for the homage, your offshoring question gave me the idea of naming one former factory as an actual offshored factory in Rubí, I live only a couple of blocks far of where it stood; Electromecánica Josa, S.A., which was Americanized as Josa, Inc. here.

Mithrik: Gracias por comentar!

jj88x2: Thank you for your comment, yeah, that's the problem that all-plopped cities have...

the00guvna: Thanks for commenting!

Schulmanator: Thank you for your comment! They're a pain, but now... they're over!!! :party:

Evillions: Thanks for commenting! I tried to do this, but the ones I have don't fit in a 4xX grid (or a 9xX grid when the center road is bulldozed)... I guess I'll have to think in new solutions...

turdferguson1: Thank you for your comment and I'm glad you like it knowing you're from NY! Of course, this is just a personal vision of the poor districts and, as you can see, almost everything is fictional here. For me, it is a bit unconfortable to show so many bad stuff from a city I really love like NYC, but... this is T&R!

ROFLyoshi: Thanks for commenting! I keep thinking that the EL-rail is the thing that gives the final touch...

ImVhOzzi: Thank you for your comment, my friend! :blush:

Reikhardt: Thanks for your comment, now exams are over but I still don't now some marks.

heitomat: Thank you for commenting! When I saw these fields in wwetom1's Stone Creek I thought I would use them some day...

panthersimcity4: Thank you for your comment!

------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Exams are over and I'm on vacation until July, when I begin working in my Summer job... Meanwhile; SimCity, Simtropolis, SimCity, SC4D, Simcity, Simtropolis, SimCity, SC4D... And other social activities!

Thanks for your interest, now I'm exactly at the half of my degree!

banner3aq.jpg

As you may have noticed, two main elevated rail lines run accross Rankine; the services 2 and 5, form the IRT White Plains Road Line and both stop here.

24596263.jpg

Only this factory stood here when the tracks were laid. Coleman & Sons Packaging Distribution & Wholesale, Inc. is one of the historical factories here, and still employs many people from Rankine and from the whole Bronx district. In the inside, the trains noise doesn't matter much.

18836812.jpg

197p.jpg

197th Street Station is one of the oldest ones here; built to provide service to the whole neighbourhood, it is still heavily used every day by the low-class citizens here. Commuters waiting for their train usually lurk through the first-floor windows, this is the reason why most first-floor apartments next to the station are abandoned.

92446288.jpg

199th Street Mansions are another prominent structure here, very close to the EL-rail tracks. The whole building, including its historic Bayer billboard facing the 197th St. station have been registered in the National Register of Historic Places, making this the only registered building in Rankine. Even though, its lower floors next to the tracks are also abandoned.

2 people like this

11 Comments

I don't know why, but I've thinked that I will not like Rankine. But, It is fantastic, very well developed. But, I still like the european style.

No se porque, pero llegue a pensar que no me gustaría del todo Rankine. Pero es fantastico, muy bien hecho. Sin embargo, aún me gusta el estilo europeo.

Bien por tus estudios, suerte que ya saliste de vacaciones. Por mi parte estaré un poco retrasado, incluso para la World Expo, pues tengo cursos de verano de Calculo Diferencial e Integral. Entonces pues hay que echarle ganas para poder llegar a Ecuaciones Ordinarias y Diferenciales.

Saludos y felices vacaciones.

Share this comment

Very nice update! But if the train is elevated, how can they see it through their windows if they are on the first floor? :???:

Share this comment

I'm still wondering how you manage to make poverty and injustice seem interesting to see... even beautiful in its own way... please promise you will never work for a political party/corporation.

Share this comment

thanks for the link, I was getting desesperate for your new entry...as always great work
PD: Im the only one that is getting addicted to downloads in the STEX?

Share this comment

Another smashing update! :)
The rain in the first pic is like the huge thunderstorm I experienced earlier today...

Share this comment