• Entries
  • Comments
  • Views

Moritz - St. Gallen Basel-Belp Int.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Amerikaner

banner-5.jpg

So I've decided to start on a new project, Die Republik Moritz. A pretty medium sized region, I will be working to completely fill it up with villages, small towns, and one major city (St. Gallen). I will be using this thread, so don't worry, you won't have to find a new thread to continue reading this. I'll give you some basic information, and then onto the first update! 49.gif

region.jpg

Moritz is a small nation located somewhere in-between Germany, and Switzerland. The nation has a strict policy of restoration and preservation over growth, so most of the cities are still very old and small. The largest city, St. Gallen, has about 100.000 residents, and dwarfs any other town in pop. size. There is one airport (see update below!), which has service to most major European cities and to New York.

RepublicofMoritz.jpg

During the summer the nation is a haven for tourists wanting to visit the historic cities and charming country side, and during the winter the nation is a major ski destination. The economy is mainly based on tourism, but also has a strong banking center and is a tax haven for many billionaires and multi-millionaires.

St. Gallen Basel-Belp International Airport

Basel-Belp is a small international airport that serves both Moritz and the general region beyond the nation. On top of serving as the only airport in the nation, it also hosts the HQ for the national airline and some other offices. There is a small cargo base for Fed-Ex and other European carriers. Rumor has it that Qatar Cargo will starting flying into the airport soon

View of the main terminal, taxi-ways, and the runway.

6-5.jpg

5-5.jpg

4-6.jpg

3-7.jpg

2-7.jpg

1-7.jpg

Although modern on the outside, the inside of the main terminal is a better reflection of the nation with it's historic main entrance modeled off of Berlin Tempelhof.

800px-BaselBelpInterior.jpg

Main terminal outside view. The only jetway was built to serve larger airplanes, but is still mainly used by medium sized regional carriers.

7.jpg

National airline: Helvetic Airways.

HelveticAirways.jpg

Darwin Airlines is the only other airline that has a hub at Basel-Belp, and serves other Swiss, Northern Italian, and Southern German destinations.

Darwin1.jpg

Cargo portion of the airport, which surprisingly has a pretty high traffic demand.

8-1.jpg

masterm77 and Slashback like this
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

13 Comments

This is one of the best airports I've ever seen!!! I really admire the wide flowers and weeds growing in runway medians, it really helps to seamlessly bend the airport with the landscape. Do you plop your trees or use a tree controller; if so which one do you use?
Amerikaner likes this

Share this comment

[img]http://i554.photobucket.com/albums/jj434/Nylonpeasant/banner-5.jpg[/img]

[b]Tankmank[/b] - Thanks so much, it's slowly becoming more and more a reality. :P

[b]Towerdude[/b] - Thanks! I saw some of your work earlier today, looks very nice. Gave me a couple of ideas for some future stuff!

[b]Pipishere[/b] - Thanks hun!

[b]Schulmanator[/b] - As always nice to see you over here, thanks for the wonderful comment!

[b]Kelistmac[/b] - Thanks so much! Hopefully that Berlin map comes through and then I can use it instead. Your Berlin updates are a huge inspiration, actually had one of your updates on my internet window as I built some in game stuff. :]

[b]TekindusT[/b] - Ah yes I tend to post over there on occasion, thanks for the comment though!

[b]panthersimcity4[/b] - Thanks so much!

[b]111222333444[/b] - Thanks for the comment!

[b]Frankie B[/b] - Thanks! Did you change your name?

[b]Ecoba[/b] - Thanks Ethan!

[b]Eclipticalstorm[/b] - Thanks for the comment! I plop all of the trees along with the rest of the flora. I have the Cycledogg tree set and such set up for my default trees, but I usually use the Simfox tree's and the new ones over on the LEX. Most of the flora stuff comes from over there, as opposed to over here on the STEX. Hope that helps! ^_^

Share this comment