Insulo and Kaskaskia

• Entries
  • Comments
  • Views

Side Project: Jonesboro Intro

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
2b2gbi

It's been so long since I've done this. Sorry about that by the way, real life has been incredibly busy then we went on a cross-country road trip. I'm back now though, and have been working on a little side project called Jonesboro, an attempt to create a realistic American city, showcasing everything from it's Sunday best to it's dingy nightwear. Then after each picture I'll explain the influence on the picture from various American cities, mostly in the Midwest. I hope you enjoy this break from Insulo, it's been something I've wanted to do for a very long time, and now I have time. So, with no further ado, a little something to wet your whistle.

edenderryteaser.jpg

This particular picture, our unceremonious welcome to Jonesboro, is of the inner-city neighborhood known as Edenderry. When I made this section of the city I tried to incorporate my experiences with low-class inner-city neighborhoods, and one depressing small town. The wide parkways were inspired by the Parkway system in my hometown, Kansas City. This is a minor parkway, nothing like a major parkway like The Paseo in Kansas City, and thus has fallen into disrepair, though pretty flowers have been proven to do very little to pierce through the crime and poverty anyway. The rest of the general dilapidation is inspired mostly by again the Northeast side of Kansas city, Missouri, and my recent travels through the North Side of St. Louis, Missouri, East St. Louis, Illinois, and Cairo, Illinois.

Well that's all you get for now, sorry! Hope you're looking forward to seeing more though.

-Jon

1 person likes this
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

12 Comments

Looks great, I wish there were more pics

Commented from my iPad from brazil!
2 people like this

Share this comment

nice intro.
and very good to see you using the NWM

Brian
1 person likes this

Share this comment

It's actually named for no reason in particular after Jonesboro, Illinois.

Share this comment

Nice one way road textures, may I ask where you got them ^^
1 person likes this

Share this comment