• Views

Providence ( Building Update )

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Shingure

Replies

--

Note from the Author:

It's been a busy couple of months, But I have finally made it out of high school. I graduated this past week and I find it to be quite odd to be left with all of this free time on my hands. I'll be leaving to Howard University on August 13th, But until my part time job and some social functions are the only things in my schedule. So I will be updating much more regularly for your entertainment!

-Much Love , Ervin

SierrastareBanner3.jpg

PROVIDENCE

The Township of Providence is located due southeast of Inverhattan and it's eastern suburb of Sowenyo. Providence houses around 10,000 people and is divided by Southern Farthbinghamton Freeway ( Southfarth Freeway ). Providence was founded in 1800 as an industrial village. Since then it has steady grown over the last 211 years.

Providence1b.jpg

Southfarth Freeway is the main road running the entire length of the township. It starts in Southern Inverhattan and then snakes it's way to the mid-sized city of Oxbradshaw 50 miles to the east. The speed limit has been raised on this motorway several times in the past few decades. Originally when it was built in 1980, it stood at 45mph. Since then it has been raised to 65 mph. Adorned with trees, this was also the marker of the first green belt in Metropolitan Inverhattan.

Providence2a.jpg

The southern half of residential Providence is situated on a hill and hosts quite beautiful views of across the highway and Southern Inverhattan. This area was first settled in the orignal 1800 settlement and was set up for the sake of defense. The small fortification was decomissioned in 1806 when Landis gained it's independence. Since then the area has flourished with nice housing for the population of suburbanites. Another feature is the Crown which is a retaining wall built around the hill in 1950 when Croixdexter Rd was constructed. The design called for the placement of trees to help further secure the soil to the side of the mountain. Practices like this did not come into common use until the 1990's Green Construction Movement.

Providence1a.jpg

The northern section of Providence is home to Maylou Rd which is home to a old commercial district that is one of the most well known in Landis. Since it's conception in 1920, the area has drawn a rather large number of residents who now own businesses in the area. This area is also known for it's high concentrations around Maylou Rd. Most rent runs from 300 SDL to 600SDL ( 555 USD to 1110 USD ) a month, one of the lowest rent schemes on the area.

Providence2b.jpg

As with most areas of Sierrastare, Providence has a great diversity of trees. It ranked number 2 in the vote for Arbor Capital 2011, while the first place winner was Méfaire. It is part of the culture in Providence to have the forest act as a public park and this has been the guiding doctrine since 1990. Almost all wooded areas within Providence ( except within 10 feet of the freeway ) act as parkland for the public. This has boosted tourism and a number of movies were shot in the wood of Providence.

Providence3a.jpg

While the industrial area has grown substanially since it's beginnings, there has been several changes in this area. One of the main features of the industrial area was a creek, but the creek died up in the Summer of 1889. Since then the amount of flora has sharply decreased. Throughout the 20th century, developers continued to build on the landscape and refused to fixed the problem of restoring the missing vegetation. The situation came to a head in 1991 when a drought bout about many cracks in the soil. Situation was fixed with an irrigation system in 2000 and since then, some of the vegetation and plant life has returned to the area.

EMH2011©

Slashback likes this
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

1 Comment