• Moose

Robenia

• Entries
  • Comments
  • Views

Robenia | Breaking Ground | Infrastructure Integration

Bipin

5801321046_e7ec1f19b1_b.jpg

The CBD of Robenia will be, like in most other cities, the central hub in which commercial functions occur. But until roads are built leading to the CBD, nothing can happen. After experimenting with various interchange designs, the following configuration was chosen:

5815873799_1a86372cd6_b.jpg

While this design is functional from the perspective of those using the highway, it wont be of much use to the downtown core if it takes up too much space. That's why Robenia's architects took the time to design the CBD skyscrapers to be both space-saving and well integrated into the road infrastructure. Let's have a look at what they have come up with:

5825219598_f0c6834abb_b.jpg

Note the AVE-2 under the building and over the tunnel entrance:

5825318476_f46748efd1_b.jpg

If anyone wants a link to a higher resolution copy, let me know. I hope you enjoyed this update, just a quickie to show you what I've been working on lately. The main complex pictured here is from a Japanese BAT site, for those who are wondering, and it took me about a week to track down.

Enjoy, and feel free to comment. You know I love it when you do that! 44.gif

korver likes this

3 Comments

[color=#555555][size=2][img]http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2533/5812646369_07fae061c1.jpg[/img]

Thanks for the replies everyone, I always love to hear what you have to say! Now, lets start off with something on a more serious note, just to get it out of the way. A few days ago my computer experienced some critical/fatal errors, leading to the hard drives and processors having to be replaced. My city is backed-up, although I likely wont have to use the backup as no data has been corrupted from what I've seen. Although I will have to take a break from Sim City as I need to buy new hardware and transfer my data over, which will take a few days. Meanwhile, I am using a friends desktop and a slow laptop with 8% space left. It does the job though. Anyways... on to those replies:
[b]
[/b][b]Skyscraper241[/b]: I'm glad you found out about my CJ, and I hope you come visit again! The answers to the questions you asked are below:[b]
[/b][/size][/color]
[color=#555555][size=2][b]
[/b][/size][/color]
[color=#555555][size=2][b]Ground[/b]: Heblem's California Terrain mod
[b]Water[/b]: N/A [i](water is plopped from Mas71's JPN Canal Set).[/i]
[b]Sky[/b]: Customized version of Gizmo's mod.
[b]Day/Night[/b]: DarkNite mod created by SimFox.
[b]Trees[/b]: SimFox's mayor-mode tree brush, many of Pegasus' mayor-mode brushes, TSC's HD rock brush. [/size][/color]

Share this comment