Followers 0
A. Gates

The Big Dig:

img0022qo.jpg

img0007cr.jpg

img0027kg.jpg

img0000t.jpg

img0006qx.jpg

The Big Dig is the nickname of Central Artery / Tunnel Project, an underground highway project in New York, USA built by NYGTC (New York Global Transportation Company) between 2001 and 2007.

His goal was to lighten the surface circulation in the heart of New York itself. Following delays, stops, cost overruns, leaks, it is the most expensive highway construction project Simlandais. Initially estimated at $ 3.5 billion in 2001 Simleon, it cost $ 14.6 billion in July 2007.

This project consists of elevated highway in the suburbs, many highway bridges and tunnels that cross the Hudson River and East River, the hardest to achieve were However motorway tunnels crossing Manhattan in length and width.

A suspension bridge crossing a plant of 2965 m was built at the mouth of the Hudson river, making it the longest suspension bridge in the world.

In all, there are more than 90 km. highways that have been made​​, more than 15 km. bridges and more than 30 km. tunnels.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

5 Comments

how do you get your roads to cross over your grounded highway? i have this set at home,but i cant seem to get it to work... every time i drag my road over my grounded highway it creates this goffy looking road on top of the bridge skin?

Share this comment

I use the hole-digger -15 meters. I draw the highway, after that, I use the puzzle pieces of the NAM :thumb:

Hope you have understooden what I have said :D

Share this comment