• Entries
  • Comments
  • Views

Chemeketa: Aldrin Way/Dallas Drive Improvements

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Tarkus

Hi everyone-

Well, I'm back again with another update . . . as the road crews were already in the vicinity, the City of Chemeketa's decided to make a few little improvements near the recently completed Rankine-Dallas Corridor Project.

This "minor" project will widen Dallas Drive NE between the Rankine Lane Roundabout and Aldrin Way NE, as well as the section of Aldrin Way NE from just south of Dallas Drive up to 52nd Avenue NE. The intersections at Dallas/Aldrin and Aldrin/52nd will also be improved accordingly. Here's the "after" map from the last update again, which should prove useful in terms of getting one's bearings for this update.

aftermap.th.png

This is looking west at the project area. The main thoroughfare running through there is 52nd Avenue. The intersection in the upper left (by the office tower) is Aldrin and Dallas. As you can see, there's some construction going on around the office tower--some additional commercial office development is occurring in that vicinity, which is part of the reason for the road improvements.

u761.jpg

A closer up view (facing west). As you can see, the Aldrin/Dallas intersection is pretty jammed up.

u762.jpg

The building's parking lot is being reconfigured (facing west)

u763.jpg

Widening preparation is underway on Aldrin (facing west)

u765.jpg

u766.jpg

A segment of Aldrin north of 52nd is getting widened, too (facing north)

u767.jpg

u768.jpg

Here's the Aldrin/Dallas intersection again, with Aldrin now widened to 4 travel lanes (facing north). As you can see, the parking lot expansion's been progressing steadily, too.

u769.jpg

And here's the widened Dallas and the nice new signalized intersection (facing north).

u7610.jpg

Here's that intersection up close and personal (facing north), with a teaser of an off-again/on-again project. I made some new animated signals, and mounted them onto a mast arm assembly from my good friend Ryan B.. One of these days, I'd like to finish them up, though obviously, getting the next NAM/RHW/NWM cycle taken care of is my top priority. You'll probably see these appear sporadically in coming updates, however.

u7611.jpg

The parking lot has some imperial-expansionist tendencies, apparently (facing north). :D Due to the sheer amount of traffic that will eventually be going in and out of it, another entrance/exit point is being added to hook it into the Dallas/Rankine roundabout.

u7612.jpg

u7613.jpg

And that does it for this update. We'll be tackling a few smaller improvements and checking out some new development in Chemeketa and Vivien Heights over the next handful of updates, before delving into the big 52nd Avenue widening project. Hope you enjoyed this one!

-Alex (Tarkus)

PS: We're approaching 100 comments here--thanks for your support! And as with the SC4D edition of Tarkusian Cities, I plan to honor each 100th commenter in the ST edition with an "on-the-map" mention . . . all the more reason to come out of the lurking shadows--don't worry, I don't bite!

Will12 likes this
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

6 Comments

*Fearful of Alex biting*

ummm...h-h-h-h-hi.

Such a lovely update, I always like seeing how you upgrade roads and avenues, though, I wouldn't want to be in that parking lot! All you do is go round in circles all day :P

Share this comment

These upgrades are so realistic, wish they would upgrade roads here, we grew so fast that its hard to get out of our neighborhood do to a lot of traffic on some 2 lane road!

Share this comment

Nice job! I am looking forward to being able to put those signals in my intersections!

-Alex

Share this comment

[b]Roger51[/b]: Hehe . . . as you can see, I'm not biting. :rofl: Thanks for the kind words on the update and I'm glad you enjoyed the construction. And I can't blame you for not wanting to be in that parking lot . . . it looks like it'd be a mess at quittin' time. :lol:

[b]Zulu2065[/b]: Thanks for the compliments on the the realism--I really appreciate it! And I can sympathize with the proverbial non-upgraded road--all the more reason for municipalities to charge traffic impact fees and such.

[b]Sam (Samerton)[/b]: Thanks, my friend--I'm glad you enjoyed the pics!

[b]Alex (Exla357)[/b]: Thanks for the kind words! With [b]jondor[/b]'s latest developments, I'll probably be redoing them . . . his method fixes some of the gnarly z-fighting issues I was running into with the ATC/AVP file mess.

[b]Jchan_777[/b]: Thanks for the compliments on the city, and to answer your question, the parking lots are from the [b][url=http://www.simtropolis.com/forum/files/file/19734-sam-street-addon-mod-version-3/]Street Addon Mod (SAM)[/url][/b]. They're actually draggable and pathed, built using starter piece technology much like the NWM and RHW.

Share this comment