• Entries
  • Comments
  • Views

What's new in San Lorenzo?

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
panthersimcity4

Hello.

Let's take a gander at what new things San Lorenzo has since we've been gone. (Oh, btw... ignore the street textures. I've tried changing them back to the American style, but whatever. :whatevs: Let's just say the two-way roads are painted with white stripes because this state thinks it's better than everyone else :P )

First, here's a mosaic view of the downtown area as it is today. It's sunny but only a little warm.

sanlorenzo9.jpg

The city's newest tower is the Hawthorne Center, designed by a Spanish architecture group. Surprisingly, the construction was very quick and efficient.

sanlorenzo3.jpg

The structure has met some controversy, because some small businesses and shops were forced to pack up and relocate. However, the protests of the shop owners and locals were no match for the massive power of corporate interests.

nooz15copyh.jpg

Although the construction for the Hawthorne Center was quick and efficient, the site of the old Arena is still a construction site... not much has changed due to funding issues.

sanlorenzo7.jpg

Around Globe Square, a new company has moved into the sleek modern Harborside Plaza 234. The company is "Intertube, inc" which specializes in Internet...stuff. To be honest, nobody really knows what exactly people do in there.

sanlorenzo4.jpg

And with all of these new changes, of course the historic Lawrence Tower stands proudly as it has since the early Great Depression.

sanlorenzodh5.jpg

And finally, another mosaic...

sanlorengzo.jpg

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

10 Comments

Really nice city!! I have the same problem and I cant find it's source, it might be the TULEP replacement mod, which I cannot find in my plugins folder :noway:
1 person likes this

Share this comment

Looking good. And I know what Intertube does. And I will reveal... for a price :D
1 person likes this

Share this comment

I'm glad this CJ came back, I really like the comedy and realism. Oh and on the last mosiac, the short beige building between that tall weird blue new york building and that tall white building; the building in front of the maxis city hall with the old architecture and the green chateau roof, what is that building, i like it?
1 person likes this

Share this comment

THB, I really love Real Life's "Hawthorne Center"; but never used this BAT because its scale is very far of being accurate and its texturing is not the best we can see out here...

As for the update, I keep thinking this CJ is the funniest one!
1 person likes this

Share this comment

Roberto Robato: Thanks for the comment... I know, it kinda sucks. But whatever... even if I have to have European streets, I can at least makes the buildings look American :P
Schulmanator: ZOMG tell me please! :O
Zulu2065: In the game it's called the "Citizen Building" Unfortunately I do not know who made it. Sorry!
TekindusT: Thanks! Yeah... the scale is off a bit but I think it looks good in my city.

Share this comment

Oh, it's made by JBSimio on the LEX, thanks, the name helped my find it.
1 person likes this

Share this comment

great mosaics. the downtown suits the city perfectly and i like the hawthorne center. even if it isen't the right scale, I think it fits to the rest of your downtown and might evoke the feeling of the "entrance" to the CBD
1 person likes this

Share this comment

99% of readers' minds when viewing the 5th pic:
Nyan nyan nyan nyan nyan nyan nyan nyan nyan nyan nyan nyan nyan nyan nyan nyan nyan nyan nyan nyan nyan nyan nyan nyan nyan nyan nyan nyan nyan nyan nyan nyan nyan nyan nyan nyan nyan nyan nyan nyan nyan nyan nyan nyan nyan nyan nyan nyan nyan nyan nyan nyan nyan nyan nyan nyan nyan nyan...
1 person likes this

Share this comment

Zulu2065: Glad I helped!
hijodecordoba: Thanks, I like the building but it certainly is a little out of scale with the RL building.
THATBOY904: Thanks!
ROFLYoshi: LMAO I was hoping someone would mention that. :P

Share this comment