• Entries
  • Comments
  • Views

Skylines

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
TekindusT

Comment Replies

Just had an explorer crash and all replies have been lost. As I don't feel as writing them again, I'll edit this post in the following days to reply all the comments posted in the latest update. Thanks for your understanding.

--------------------------------------------------------------------

The exam season has just began and it's being tougher than expected. My ST Time has decreased and I'm sleeping less hours than I should just because I love this place. Blame the Industial Automation...

Fortunately, I had an update ready for this weeks, and here it is! Please enjoy!

banner2up.jpg

Rankine's skyline would be as anonymous as the rest of northern NYC skyline if it wasn't by a few structures that give the city its character and make it recognizable for some miles away.

23157315j.jpg

Nearly 3000 souls live in this building, resembling more a prison than an apartments building. The worst thing is that it also feels like a prison inside...

94511588.jpg

Rankine Estates appeared in the first update from this city, four tall 25-storey tenements stand where formerly stood the Josa, Inc. factory. Small electric devices where shipped from here to all the US east cost during the first half of the 20th century.

23607545.jpg

Nowadays, there are still factories and plants in Rankine, we saw one in the previous update and here's the most recognizable one around. ConEd's most infamous power plant is situated in Rankine; and despite the inhabitant's protests, its smokestacks keep vomiting particulates, carbon oxide, carbon dioxide, sulphur oxides, nitrogen oxides to the athmosphere and to Rankine's lungs.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I often pay small homages in my updates, try to discover which one is hidden in this update!

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

16 Comments

Nice entry, I like it. There are to many questions about, starting with where did you get all the buildings?

Lindo post, me gusta. Hay demasiadas preguntas acerca de esto, empezando por ¿De dónde obtuviste todos los edificios?

Share this comment

You should really teach me how to make a city journal, furthermore, one as yours! :D ! can you tell me were did you got those crappy but espectacular canals of the first picture please?? :???:

Share this comment

[quote name='Roberto Robato' timestamp='1307406810']
You should really teach me how to make a city journal, furthermore, one as yours! :D ! can you tell me were did you got those crappy but espectacular canals of the first picture please?? :???:
[/quote]

ST and CJ School! :P

I like this update! Perhaps add larger estates I guess?

Share this comment

excellent use of Marcsar's new york apartments, I'm from New York, and I love this work to recreate the gritty parts of NY

Share this comment

Me gusta! (Sorry that's [i]literally[/i] all I know in Spanish)

You've taken the generic apartments and given them all their own sad tale, works really well. I also like the drain kit and the Chicago style El-Rail.

Share this comment

Class!
I might have said this already, but I love the way your El-Rail fits in to the city!

Share this comment

Great, great update - once again. I love the football field in between. Very nice touch!<br><br>Good luck with your exams!<br>

Share this comment

Further development of your 'slum style' - I like it :thumb:

I also feel your pain with exams... :( will they be over soon?

Share this comment

atmospheric updates ones more. i like the 2nd picture with the blured foreground buildings. suerte con los examenes

Share this comment

Great update ¿Is the homage that graffiti of your name in the last picture?
[irony] Shame on you! Homaging yourself! What work have you done to deserve that, huh? this CJ, perhaps? BOOOOO!!![/irony]

Share this comment

As I've already said plenty of times, Tekindus, your vocabulary goes with your pictures so well...

You do realize there is a police station in the third picture, right? :P

Share this comment